External Audit Manager - Real Estate
Our Client is looking to to appoint talented and enthusiastic auditors into newly-created manager roles. The Real Estate audit department is expected to grow significantly in the next 3 to 5 years based on recent audit tender results. In addition, the forthcoming new requirements from the IASB will generate a significant amount of change in the insurance industry. As a trusted partner within the industry, our Client will be supporting Real Estate companies throughout this accounting change across a range of disciplines including financial reporting, actuarial, IT and management consulting disciplines.
Successful applicants will have the opportunity to be working on some of the largest opportunities in the marketplace and will be exposed to excellent career development within a fast-growing, multi-disciplinary team. Working alongside directors and partners, you will be in a senior client facing role, forging strong relationships with top tier insurance clients.
As an Audit Manager, you'll be involved in all aspects of leading and delivering audit engagements, from planning through to completion on a broad spectrum of Insurance clients. The role will include executive level client interaction and exposure to multiple clients on an annual basis, as well as daily tasks such as:
- Leading a field work team including supervising and coaching more junior members of staff to help them reach their full potential Reporting to audit Partners and Directors on all salient points arising from audits
- Acting as the initial point of contact throughout the year for your clients; managing timetables, anticipating costs, raise fees and agree dates for cash collection. Planning and execution of audit fieldwork and statutory reporting across a portfolio of clients Project management of all aspects of audit including agreeing audit timelines, team briefings, and supervision and delivery of audit work
- Budgeting and monitoring the financial performance of projects, focusing on optimising profitability Identifying, researching and helping to resolve complex audit issues Preparing client deliverables, building relationships with the client staff and acting as an ambassador for the firm
- You may also have the opportunity to work on specific audit related projects across the audit function
- Being a performance manager to trainee accountants
Qualifications & Skills:
- Must possess professional qualification; ACA, ACCA or CPA (or international equivalent)
- Must demonstrate gravitas and impact to earn trust and respect amongst senior leadership and the team
- Established strong leadership skills and proven ability to provide clear directions and constructive feedback
Knowledge & Experience:
- Significant financial statement audit experience, ideally within professional services
- Extensive external audit experience with financial services clients, ideally in the Insurance sector
- Demonstrated practical knowledge of FRS, IFRS and topical matters relevant to insurance audits
- Experience in IFRS 17, US GAAP, Solvency II and CASS rules preferable, though not essential
- Proven ability to identify and pursue business opportunities whilst maintaining a solution mind-set
- Knowledge of developments within the financial sector and proven ability to proactively build strategic partnerships and influence senior leaders Drive and resilience to deliver in a pressured environment
McGregor Boyall is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on any grounds.
- External Audit
- Real Estate
- Audit Manager
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'