External Affairs Manager - Permanent
Looking for three roles they are North West, Midlands and East.
The purpose of this role is to protect and build Cadents reputation by developing and executing a regionally tailored external affairs plan with the objective of building the brand, forging relationships with key stakeholders and creating positive PR. This will be aligned to Cadents priorities and positioning and will be tailored to the individual needs of the region. In this role, you are the face of Cadent with key stakeholders in the region and facilitate the delivery of the stakeholder engagement strategy in the area.
- Understands the dynamics of different stakeholder relationships within a region (political and non-political).
- Has strong external awareness
- Has a strong understanding of brand and PR activity
- Has proven experience in building and sustaining relationships. Influencing successfully and demonstrating that action has been undertaken in response to feedback.
- Strong and effective stakeholder skills - listening, influencing, building trust
- Proven ability to effectively use marketing tools (digital and non-digital channels) - social media, web, media, conferencing/ events, messaging development
- Can write in an effective, plain English style which meets the needs of audiences.
- Lead on key stakeholder engagement activity which supports our regulatory and aims and objectives and leads to positive outcomes for stakeholders and the business. Develop innovative ways to identify stakeholders to engage, with clear outcomes, and demonstrate action in response to feedback.
- Outline the regional strategy and build a proactive plan of activity to tell Cadent's story, build brand awareness and generate positive PR across digital and non-digital channels.
- Champion Cadent social responsibility programmes around community impact and customers in vulnerable situations i.e. priority service register, carbon monoxide awareness, locking cooker valves, dementia awareness, affordable warmth,.
- Directly support key projects in the region with external communications activity (see overleaf)
- Works with Operations and GDSPs to improve their customer communications and direct stakeholder engagement activity.
- Respond to crisis and incidents by effectively managing stakeholders during and after the events, liaising closely with the media relations officer to ensure consistency of messages.
- Works collaboratively with peers and central stakeholder team to establish best practice outcomes for customers and stakeholders.
- Expert in using the defined customer and stakeholder engagement strategy and approach.
- Ensures outcomes delivered have cost benefits associated with them
- Captures the outcomes of engagement so that this feeds into the stakeholder incentive submission worth up to 9m.
If you feel you have relevant skills for the role then simply attach an up to date CV and click apply now.
Candidates will ideally show evidence of the above in their CV in order to be considered.
Please be advised if you haven't heard from us within 24 hours then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion, we may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.
Pontoon is an employment consultancy and operates as an equal opportunities employer.
- External Affairs Manager and stakeholders and relationships