External Account Manager | Datacentre, Storage, Cloud
Location: Reading Based
Salary up to £50k package
External Account Managers are primarily responsible for approaching corporate companies with the aim of establishing and building up a business relationship. You will ideally have experience having worked for a VAR, Systems Integrator or Managed Service Provider focused upon Datacentre, Storage or Cloud.
They will work closely with the internal sales team in developing new customer relationships and expanding business within existing accounts. All activities are designed to ensure the account team over achieves pre agreed quarterly targets based on margin.
External Account Managers must represent our company externally with the objective of promoting our culture, core competencies and service offerings in line with the company portfolio.
- Achieve pre-agreed targets and objectives, both individual and company.
- Identify, develop and win new major corporate accounts
- Demonstrate a full understanding of our Core Competencies. Present these Competencies in a confident and effective manner both internally and to new corporate customers
- Work closely within Account Teams, to pursue opportunities to increase business within existing customer base focussing on our core business
- Required to approach potential new accounts, produce comprehensive account plans and strategically formalise "win campaigns" to attract new business
- Required to attend external meetings and promote the company at the highest level
- To be able to prepare quotations, proposals and strategic tender responses as required
- Liaise with the Services team to ensure project business is handled effectively
- Work with Marketing to ensure our portfolio is marketed effectively to both potential customers and existing clients
- Minimum 2 years’ experience and successful track record in sales, preferably within the IT industry
- Well educated
- Must demonstrate an awareness of the corporate marketplace and the factors that affect it
- Must exhibit maturity and be able to establish credibility with customers
- Must be able to communicate on a Director level, both within the company and with customers
- Must be self-motivated and committed to working within a team environment
- Must be able to achieve goals and objectives
- Ability to organise and plan in a logical manner when under pressure
- Ability to communicate in a confident and well-presented manner
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job