Extended Scope Practitioner
Salary- Band 7-8a
We are currently recruiting for an exciting role at our hospital in Greenwich. This vacancy is for a full time Extended Scope Practitioner, you will work as an (autonomous) ESP providing expert MSK assessment, clinical diagnosis and management in an extended scope role. You will also triage incoming MSK referrals and make decisions regarding most appropriate referral onto care providers either within, or outside, the service.
This is a band 7- 8a position depending on experience. You will need to be an experienced senior MSK physiotherapist who can demonstrate progression within their career. You will need to be confident in assisting other physiotherapists in making the right decision with complex patients.
- To work as an ESP within the MSK service alongside other clinicians such as fellow ESPs, GPwSIs and consultants.
- To undertake highly specialised & comprehensive neuro-musculoskeletal assessments, of routine and complex patients.
- To form accurate diagnoses, management plans and prognosis, using advanced clinical reasoning skills, knowledge of best current clinical and evidence-based practice and assimilation/interpretation of clinical diagnostic tests
- To independently and appropriately refer for diagnostic procedures such as MRI, USS, X-Ray and NCS (after appropriate training/supervision if necessary)
- To refer patients onto appropriate specialities within primary and secondary care
- To be able to independently administer joint and soft tissue injections (or willing to work towards such a skill)
- To communicate effectively and professionally with patients and medical colleagues regarding assessment, management and treatment choices
- Contribute to, and participate in, on-going development/IST within the MSK team
- To work in a unified manner with other team members across the MSK service in following, and developing, clinical pathways
If you would like to apply for this position, please email your CV to or call .