The Millboard Company Ltd is the leading manufacturer of premium wood-free outdoor flooring. The company employs over 100 people based in Warwickshire and proudly designs and manufactures in Great Britain. Recognised as the leading brand for wood-free alternatives in the UK, Millboard is a unique, wood-free alternative to composite and timber decking manufactured from a unique polyurethane resin blend. In 2015 The Millboard Company Ltd was awarded the accolade of one of the best 1000 Companies to Inspire Britain by the London Stock Exchange. In addition to this, we have just been placed in the Top 50 fastest growing companies in Coventry & Warwickshire according to the BDO’s Growth Barometer.
We now have an exceptional opportunity for an experienced Export Sales Manager to join our growing team. This individual will be responsible for working with the Directors on the creation and execution of Millboards export strategy, with an initial focus on Europe.
- Developing a strong relationship and familiarity with the customer/distributor base, their sales history; pipeline projects and projected revenue
- Identify new customer, channel distribution or own office opportunities
- Ensuring customer/distributor terms are fully understood/implemented
- Overview of customer/distributor pricing as set by the Board
- Weekly reporting on export data to Directors
- Research, implementation and support of existing and new, markets and customers
- Review distributor terms to maximise sales potential and profitability of the region
- Support customers in technical training and marketing liaison including attending of trade shows
- Utilising local bodies/government to maximise support and funding
- All other duties as assigned
- Previous Export experience with a premium brand
- Strong track record of driving a successful export strategy
- Knowledge of the financial workings of retailers/distributors including margin analysis
- Experience attending and exhibiting at trade fairs.
- Experience of working with European based distributors
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong organisational and people management skills
- Flexible to change and able to react very quickly, often working under pressure
- Resilient, self driven and /assertive
- Excellent communicator - verbal and written
- Speak German and/or French in business language.
- Applicants must have a full UK driving licence
- Ability to work flexible hours when required to suit the needs of the business, including overseas travel if required
Rewards & Benefits
- Company Car/Car Allowance
- 22 Days Leave + Public Holidays
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Eyecare Contributions
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Note to applicants - Once we have received your completed application, this will be reviewed against set criteria for the role. Due to the volume of applications received, if you do not hear back after 2 weeks please assume on this occasion that unfortunately you have been unsuccessful.