I have a fantastic opportunity that has become available for an Export Manager for our client based in Epping.
Our client are a well-established and very successful company with an excellent reputation within their industry. They pride themselves on their close knit and supportive working environment and they really look after their team, taking care of their wellbeing and ensuring a good work / life balance.
The successful candidate will have a proven background within their industry (machinery and tools) and will have experience as an Export Manager.
Our client can offer you a competitive salary and benefits, including 20 days holiday, daily free lunches, parking on-site, annual salary review and pension scheme.
To develop the strategy and policies to generate increased level of export sales into overseas markets.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks of the Export Manager;
- Administer all export of goods
- Plan and implement export strategy and activities consistent with overall aims and requirements of the organisation.
- Prepare effective business plan for all projects to achieve required product volume and profit
- Negotiate contracts for sales and manage, renew and review contracts as required to enable effective trading, operations and customer relations.
- Monitor all existing and prospective markets in Europe and assist to identify appropriate business opportunities
- Organise market plans to suit customer requirements
- Maintain optimal level of customer satisfaction
- Plan and manage overseas sales through distributors and other relevant sales outlets
- Manage all staff reporting to the position so as to effectively recruit, train, evaluate, motivate, delegate and monitor their activities and ensure compliance to all export objectives
- Direct clerical staff in expediting export correspondence, bid requests, and credit collections.
- Manage/liaise with stock control, warehousing and distribution activities influenced by or reliant upon export activities
- Liaise with other departments in order to establish and maintain effective and relevant export activities and support in relation to the organisation’s sales, purchasing, materials management, production and overall operating functions.
- Identify appropriate transportation method in assistance with customers.
- Prepare all export and shipping documents, such as export licenses, customs declarations, and packing, shipping, and routing of product, within required timeframe and schedule efficient, lawful shipping activities
- Prepare and submit relevant administration in a timely and accurate manner. i.e. shipping schedules, letters of credit, ECGD documents, credit control mechanisms, licences, declarations, packing, routing, transport and safety documentation
- Ensure compliance to all organisational policies and procedures
- Adhere to local and externally relevant H&S laws and policies
- Manage language and communications translation issues and activities necessary to enable effective relations, distribution and integration of exported material, product, and equipment within the supply chain
Competencies / Attributes:
- Experience in Export of 5 - 10 years
- Management experience of at least 5 years
- Experience in exporting to English speaking countries.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Computer literate with Microsoft Office systems.
If you have the right skills and experience for this role, please get in touch.