Export and Despatch Manager
Primary objective: To manage all Sales Order Processing, Create works orders and arrange Despatch and Export of goods.
Sales order processing
- Overseeing the creation of new customer accounts and ensuring that accounts/territories are compliant for trading and generally ensuring accounts are operating within the agreed credit limits.
- Leading and managing a small team validating, entering, amending and expediting customer orders to documented procedures, and ensuring customers are fully informed of acknowledged and amended delivery dates.
- Creating works orders as required and for configuring Bills of materials.
- The role will also be responsible for leading the migration to sales order entry.
Pricing and enquiries
- Ensuring that pricing system is maintained and customers receive requested information on pricing of goods, shipping costs, timeframes, export documentation in a timely and efficient manner.
Packing and Despatch
- Leading and managing a small team packing and despatching cabinets, lockers and spares to global customers. Obtaining and forwarding as required, tracking details for each shipment.
Exporting of products
- Planning in advance for exporting goods internationally into new territories that the business is unfamiliar with and ensuring the business is compliant with HRMC legislation and company exporting procedures and processes as appropriate.
- Being compliant will include types of packaging allowed for import as well as documents being correct in terms of commodity codes and origin of goods.
- Ensuring that all appropriate paperwork is produced and ready for despatch.
- Ensure all goods are invoiced with correct VAT coding and upon despatch date.
- Support the SOP team in using web based invoicing systems and new technologies.
- Produce and develop statistical reports on order values/orders shipped as well as planned invoice forecast values to support financial planning and reporting.
- Ensuring that the teams provide and continually develop full customer support that exceeds expectation.
- Developing and producing Management Information for wider operational use to ensure continual development and improvement.
- Working with the Operational Director to develop procedures to maximise efficiency in order processing, despatch and invoicing.
- Recommending resourcing requirements and planning resource to suit the day to day requirements. Providing staff reviews, training and development as required.
- Ensuring full compliance with the Environmental and Health and Safety policies.
- Management experience of running a team
- Experience of having worked in a manufacturing company
- Experienced in an international customer facing role
- Solid understanding of ROW export requirements not just Europe (mainly Air/Road) and familiar with export documentation and terminology including dealing with Certificates of Origin, ATRs, AWBs, Letters of credit, etc using organisations such as Chambers of Commerce to produce.
- Knowledge and understanding of Incoterms and commodity codes.
- Sales Orders