The Recruitment Department of the French Chamber of Great Britain is acting as an agency for its 600 member companies, one of which is currently recruiting an Export Manager.
The Company is a leading plastic manufacturer on the UK and the European market.
The Sales & Export Manager will develop internationals customers to achieve targets for sales and profit as well as to generate new business within agreed sectors.
The position is based in South London.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Conduct the business plan with the Head of Sales, in line with the company Strategic Plan. The Business Plan covers all existing accounts and is to be produced each financial year and reviewed quarterly. The plan will include sales turnover, margin and customer & product penetration objectives.
- Maintain a product price strategy across all key product categories.
- Maintain contact with the Purchasing Manager and also other relevant contact points within each of the Customer’s Organisations.
- To generate new business and grow existing business.
- To work proactively with the "EndUser" customers to gain listings for the products that will be sold through a customer portfolio and wholesalers as designated.
- To further develop the Company International relationships with key end users and identify other key large International users and develop relationships and business plans .
- Seek opportunities to promote the products to the sales teams of major customer and carry out such training as may help them sell more products.
- Maintain a comprehensive file for each customer to include correspondence, a copy of the sales plan, pricing and rebate details, each month. Customer call reports a site directory, copy of any contract, product range and forecasts.
- Organise promotional activity to boost sales levels in conjunction with the Purchasing and Marketing teams of customers.
- To provide a monthly business review to the Head of Sales, to review sales progress and agree focus areas for the coming month. This report will include report on market trends, competitor activity and pricing.
- To attend company training sessions as and when required.
- To produce a monthly report to include current activity and sales achievements.
- To produce weekly reports highlighting the previous week activities and achievements.
- To maintain a record of all prospecting and add prospects to the appropriate company database where appropriate and to ensure that information held on customers and prospects are correct and up to date.
- Ensure all quotations are recorded in the appropriate company database.
- To ensure that all proposals for pricing and other discounts are in line with the Company limits for your position and that prior approval is sought before any deviation from this.
- Develop relationships internally.
- To develop, with Line Manager, a strategy by market sector to gain end user business and develop product ranges suited to their needs.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bilingual French/English
- Previous experience in selling to food or catering equipment market sector.
The ideal candidate will be able to:
- Plan in advance, sets realistic objectives and courses of action, anticipates resource requirements for the work in question and delivers to agreed timescales.
- Achieve results, persists with a problem until the desired goal is achieved. Concentrates and is not easily distracted.
- Evaluate data and courses of action in an unbiased, rational way in order to make sound, logical decisions.
- Operate confidently and effectively within and across organisational boundaries.
- Adapt personal approach and operates effectively within a variety of situations and with various individuals/groups.
- Take the initiative to develop and implement valuable ideas, approaches and solutions for the benefit of the business and to drive these through into action.
- Analyse complex and interdependent problems and processes in order to identify practical solutions upon which management can base decisions.
- Establish rapport with others and creates a positive impression through presenting confidently and encouraging open communication.
- Operate effectively as an integrated team member. Encourages co-operation within the team, putting team interests ahead of personal interests.
- Have an appreciation of the strategic direction of the organisation and its market, products and services and its commercial objectives and achievements.
- Understand how to use available technological tools to improve performance in the job.
- Seek out information and gains alternative insights and perspectives to improve all areas of job performance.
- Represent team members and provides a focus for the team.
Only suitable candidates will be contacted. Please, apply only if your profile matches the requirements listed above. If you think that you are the ideal candidate for this role, don't hesitate to apply.
- Account Management
- Food Industry