Export Customer Coordinator
My client based in Dewsbury is looking for an experienced Export Customer Coordinator to join their well established team. You MUST speak either fluent Spanish or French (or both) for this role and the ability to communicate effectively with customers and internal departments is key.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- The ability to communicate effectively with customers and liaise with the rest of the sales team, other departments within the company and transport companies
- Good knowledge of international export documents
- Close attention to detail and high levels of accuracy
- Fast reaction to problem solving
- The ability to work under pressure and prioritise the jobs according to set deadlines
- Extremely organised
- Languages: excellent English, Spanish and/or French language
- Key account contact for assigned customers
- Processing and opening new customer accounts with the sales manager, liaising with accounts department regarding credit checks
- Setting up new product specifications according to customer requirements
- Creating new products on customer accounts with prices provided by sales manager
- Elaborate documentation process with the customer to determine what export documents and/or special documents are required
- Receive and compare transport offers
- Receive and process all customer orders
- Process customer invoice/credit notes and send to customer via email
- Confirm product availability with production planning team
- Attend weekly production meetings to ensure the scheduled dispatch date can be met and to represent customers’ needs
- Preparing all commercial and transport documents according to customer requirements and country specific legislations
- Liaising with transport companies to organise sea, air or road transport
- Create dangerous goods notes for hazardous consignments
- Issue export and customs certificates (EUR1, ECCO, ATR etc.)
- Provide total customer service and general communication with customers
- Receive and check incoming transport invoices and allocate for accounts department
- Cost control of transports according to targets set
- Proactively controlling and chasing outstanding customer payments
- Receive and raise customer complaints to quality department
- Attending monthly quality meetings with quality department and accountancy to discuss ongoing complaint investigations and complaint related expenses
- Prepare a report with the sales figures and any relevant matter for the area and customers assigned to present in the monthly sales meeting
- Arrange office correspondence
- Organising and undertaking office administration duties
- Filling to be completed on a weekly basis and in a consistent manner.
Other General Duties
- Cover absence/holidays of other members of the sales team
- Answering of the main incoming calls into the business and directing them accordingly
- Postal duties
- Greeting visitors
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Bagnall Hopkins Recruitment who is operating as an employment agency/business. Your application will be sent to one of our consultants for review, at which stage we will be in touch to discuss your details further. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours your application has not been successful.
We will not submit your CV until you have been briefed on the position and we have your consent to do so.
Both Bagnall Hopkins and our clients promote a policy of equal opportunities.
Follow us on Twitter @bagnallhopkins, and take a look at our Facebook page.
- Communication Skills
- Export Administration
- Problem Solving
- Meet Deadlines
- Fluent Spanish/French