The key duties of the role are as follows -
1. Creating files after receiving the Purchase order and Sales order.
2. Establishing the currency rate and raising a Pro Forma Invoice if required for prepayment or import license application
3. Ensuring all records and documents are up to date on the system.
4. Checking availability of product to loan in accordance with agreed shipping period.
5. Ensuring prepayment and/or import licenses are received before loading.
1. Booking loading dates and times with cold store and freight agent.
2. Applying for Health Certificate and booking veterinary supervision and Inspection Company if required.
3. Sending shipping advice to customers and requesting customers documentary requirements.
4. Receiving and checking confirmation of proposed shipment detail.
5. Sending documentary/loading instructions to shipping company/haulier, cold store, vet.
6. Receiving details of consignment including despatch note and copy health certificate if required from loading point immediately after loading is complete.
7. Liaising with the relevant account managers if any issues should arise, such as overweight, slaughter dates, late arrivals etc.
8. Forwarding Bills of Lading instructions to freight agents.
9. Compiling shipping documents appropriate to destination market typically: -
• Health certificates
• Packing lists and despatch notes
• Certificates or declarations of origin
• Bills of Lading or CMR for trucks
• Insurance certificates / declarations if required
• Any other documents specific to destination market
10. Sending full set copy documents to customer for approval
11. Approving Health certificates with the vet and Bills of Lading with the freight agent and requesting originals where required.
12. Retaining original documents pending balance of payment OR preparing bank collection for presentation via overseas bank – either CAD/term/LC
13. Despatching original documents by DHL. Advise customer DHL AWB nr and confirm when delivered.
14. Tracking shipments until fully paid and container returned empty.
15. Once closed archiving the shipping file.
The client is looking ideally for someone with 2 years experience in an Export role.
However, if you have not go this experience and think you would enjoy and be good at this type of work then please do apply and your details will be considered.
We are looking specifically for the following attributes -
Attention to Detail
Taking ownership and responsibility
Strong customer service skills
Organised and willing to learn
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job