Our client, a specialist in providing solutions to the Aerospace industry across the globe, are looking to recruit an Export Compliance Officer to work remotely.
In this position, there will be an expectation to offer training to team members at offices in Bristol/Derby on an ad-hoc basis throughout the employment. For these visits, you will be reimbursed for travel and accommodation expenses throughout the stay.
Main Purpose of the Role:
The Export Compliance Officer will be part of the global Operational Excellence (OpEx) team and report to the Operational Excellence Manager located in the US. The OpEx team is responsible for driving effectiveness, efficiency, and compliance throughout the global organization.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure contractual, statutory, and regulatory obligations are communicated and met
- Assist all local departments, functions, and teams improve adherence and compliance with requirements effectively and efficiently.
- Lead the local organization in implementing and monitoring the global Export Management System (EMS), and the Information Security Management System (ISMS) by providing information, awareness, guidance, coaching, and training.
- Support with the communication, training, and awareness of employee responsibilities in adhering to the requirements, policies, and procedures.
- Conduct internal audits of the various management systems based on contractual and regulatory obligations, internal requirements, and industry standards
- Host external audits, certifications, registration, and periodic surveillance audits.
- Learn and help deploy the Personal Information Management System (PIMS), Business Management System (BMS), and other regulatory compliance programs
To Be Considered:
- Proven experience in Trade Compliance/Export Control, within the aviation/aerospace industry.
- Experience with developing, implementing, and maintaining global compliance programs
- Experience with export regulations from the Export Control Joint Unit (ECJU); both Ministry of Defence (MOD) and dual-use requirements, license applications, record keeping, and hosting audits
- Experience managing contractual, statutory, regulatory, legal, and compliance requirements
- Experience with implementing or maintaining International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 27001 certifications and can train others on the requirements
- Proficient with the features of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and web-based applications
- Experience with data privacy laws and regulations and protecting personal information, is an advantage
- Experience with laws and regulations from other countries, advantageous
- A passion and track record for improving business compliance
- Working experience with regulatory requirements in export management and information security management
- Working experience with conducting internal audits and hosting external audits
- An opportunity to join an established and forward thinking global leading organisation
- A competitive salary, circa £50,000 per annum, in line with skills and experience.
- A generous benefits package including pension, life assurance, and healthcare (single cover).
- The possibility of a car or car allowance benefit, on top of other benefits.
For more details, please contact Willis Global - a leading Recruitment Consultancy for the Shipping & Logistics industry
- Import Export
- International Logistics
- Trade Compliance
- Aerospace Industries
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'