Skills: Import/export procedures, strong attention to detail, ability to work under pressure, deadline driven, strong MS Office, administration, team player,
Benefits: On-site parking, 22 days holiday, Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
This is an exciting opportunity to join a highly successful and established business that has been growing dramatically since 1937. This role is a pivotal one within the organisation and would suit a driven and determined individual to join this growing team.
What will your working week be like?
Due to expansion, our Client are looking for a bright, enthusiastic team player to join the team - you must have a good eye for detail, the ability to work to tight deadlines and the willingness to get involved in all aspects of a busy Export/Import Department.
- Ensuring that customer orders are delivered on time
- Ensuring the timely production of all documentation relating to customer enquiries including quotations, sales orders, shipping/dispatch and invoices
- Assisting in administering all duties/projects under the responsibility of the sales and finance departments.
- Ensuring the smooth coordination of overseas deliveries from factory/port to destination. UK Exports and Third country/Direct shipments.
- Generating import/export paperwork associated with customer orders, monitor shipping documents and chase any that are missing
- Liaising with the production department and warehouse to ensure accuracy and on time dispatches are adhered to.
- Book shipments with freight forwarders (air, road & sea), couriers and UK transport companies
- Track export shipments
- General filing duties to include maintaining hard copy and electronic files for imported goods, set up account sales spreadsheets and update with shipping costs and alterations as required.
Who will this role suit?
Working in a small, but extremely busy Import/Export Department - you will need the following:
- Demonstrable experience in sales administration and general administration
- Previous shipping experience gained ideally in a manufacturing environment
- IT skills should be strong especially Microsoft Word and Excel. Experience of SAP would be an advantage.
- Educated to 'A’ level (or equivalent) in several subjects
- Ability to work as part of a small team in a demanding and work-intensive environment, with a relaxed and informal atmosphere
- Knowledge of import/export procedures
- Experience of finance administration, invoices, including letters of credit
- Excellent written and numerical skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Ability to demonstrate versatility and flexibility
- Confident and professional telephone manner.
- Positive "can do" attitude, personable with character, able to work on own initiative, quick learner
- Accuracy and attention to detail are essential
The successful applicant must be a driver due to the location of the office.
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.
YourRecruit Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.
- ability to work under pressure
- strong attention to detail
- deadline driven
- Import/export procedures
- strong MS Office