Reporting to the senior export coordinator team leader, the main tasks include preparation and processing of paperwork for domestic and international shipments; including dispatch notes, commercial invoices, customs and other shipping documents required to facilitate timely and accurate dispatch of customer and supplier shipments in line with company processes and in accordance with current legislation. Working with other departments to ensure timely dispatch of customer orders. Preparation and timely submission of all compliance returns. Deputising for the senior export coordinator when required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparing shipping and customs documentation in compliance with legal obligations; applying for export licences and checking that they are correct; ensuring that paperwork for shipments is complete and correct prior to dispatch; filing paperwork; and maintaining records in readiness for Government audits
- Checking customs documentation such as import/export declarations, resolving queries and ensuring records are accurate and up to date
- Filing of all shipping documentation
- Receiving customer orders; comparing with quotations; working with other departments to resolve queries; and preparing and sending sales acknowledgments to customers whilst also adhering to company policies and legal requirements
- Processing customer sales invoices and credits using commercial software whilst also adhering to company policies
- Arranging collection of orders and worldwide collection from end user for faulty returns
- Maintaining electronic and paper-based records required to meet compliance obligations
- Ensuring that paperwork is produced to comply with the requirements for the import and export of goods
- Assisting in the preparation and submission of compliance returns
- Assisting with queries regarding orders, shipments and compliance from internal departments
- Ensuring customers are fully informed with all relevant information regarding their orders and shipments
Further duties for Export Coordinator, in addition to the above:
- Working with couriers to improve efficiencies in processes and deliveries and managing export costs
- Ensuring export inbox is organised and cleared down daily
- Assisting in reviews of systems to ensure they comply with requirements of export control
- Checking current legislation to ensure processes are compliant
- Communication internally and externally on all export matters
- Assisting in the management of day to day operational requirements to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction by proactively working with other departments
- More than 1 years' experience in office administration or substantially similar role
- Can work independently with little guidance and supervision. Can deal with routine problems, following work instructions and able to prioritise workload
- Knowledge of preparing shipping paperwork and dealing with couriers
- Knowledge and experience of using Microsoft packages including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge of export customs laws and regulations is desirable
- As required plus experience of importing and exporting worldwide would be advantageous
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application for this position, however we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.
- Office Administration
- Sales Invoices
- Operational Requirements
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'