Explosion Protection Service Engineer
Location: Various customer sites across the Southern Home counties plus cover of colleagues throughout UK, Eire & Europe.
Job Title: Explosion Protection Service Engineer
(Location Beds/Herts/Essex/Bucks/Northants or within a radius 60 miles of Bedford)
Reporting to: UK Senior Service Engineer
- Educated to at least GCSE level in English Language and Maths.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Access & Outlook.
- Field maintenance experience
- Analytical mind-set to diagnose and rectify problems with electronic/mechanical equipment.
- Professional demeanour and appearance, as a representative of the company on customer sites.
- Calm, diplomatic personality as sometimes there is pressure to get equipment working quickly. As we provide a safety system, short cuts cannot be made to safe working practice.
- High degree of personal organisation, requirement to organise own diary.
- Able to work professionally without supervision.
- Friendly, personable character able to integrate with a small professional team.
- Ability to work emergency cover at short notice. Weekends and nights a possibility as servicing 24/7 processes where downtime is critical.
- Full car driving licence - preferably clean.
- HNC (or equivalent) qualification in a suitable discipline, (electrical or electronics).
- Background from electrical service/maintenance environment.
- C&G 2330 (or 2365) parts 2 & 3.
- Ideally working knowledge of electronics and/or control systems.
Adhere to the client Quality, H&S and Sales & Marketing Plans.
- Contact sites to arrange routine service visits.
- Provide emergency and on-going maintenance cover for Explosion Suppression systems on various customer locations as directed.
- Complete paperwork and ensure all files and data are kept up to date for the site.
- Ensure Customer Service Database is kept up to date.
- Salary: Dependant on experience. After trial period an additional 8% of gross salary will be paid into auto-enrolled company pension scheme. Life insurance 2x gross basic salary, non-contributory scheme. Company bonus scheme may come into play each calendar year but this is not guaranteed.
- Salary Sacrifice: Schemes available for variable benefits.
- Other: Company vehicle, tools, laptop, mobile phone, PPE, credit card will all be provided.
- Hours: As required, office hours are 8:45am to 5:15pm Monday to Friday. Overtime will be paid for any time before 8am, after 6pm on weekdays, weekends and public holidays.
- Holiday:Initially 21 days + statutory public holiday, rising to 27 days with service.
- Training:On-going bespoke training is provided at our HQ in Belgium and on site for initial period by shadowing existing engineers. 17th Edition electrical if required, various H&S/3rd party training as required e.g. asbestos awareness, IPAF, CCNGS,CSCS, Compex, PASMA etc.
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electronic Engineering
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"