An exciting opportunity not to be missed! Our client is looking for an Expert Engineer - Press Tool & Processes to join the team based in Sunderland. Working 39 hours per week Monday to Friday, you will receive a competitive salary of £40,591.73 - £48,512.26 per annum dependent on experience plus benefits.
They are a Leading Global Manufacturing Company supplying products to a number OEM Automotive Customers. With more than 70 Manufacturing & development centres spanning several continents with a desire to provide world-class automotive components, be leaders in Innovation and contribute to a sustainable society.
As a direct result of their plans for business expansion as outlined in Compass 2021 an opportunity has arisen within their PEC Department.
The role of the position is to work within a small team of Engineers to enable the effective & timely response to customer quotations and development of new process concepts up to Process Design Drawing completion at the first off tool trial phase. The scope of responsibilities will cover the development of press tool, specification of equipment and the integration of them into and effective production process.
Key responsibilities of their Expert Engineer - Press Tool & Processes:
- Review and understand external customer technical RFI/RFQ requirements.
- Communicate customer requirements to global production engineering teams.
- Work closely with toolmakers to specify, develop and buy off press tools.
- Specify equipment for press process applications.
- Work with suppliers and the Purchasing function for the procurement of equipment and associated fixtures.
- Ensure that all developed processes adhere to all aspects of safety legislation.
- Ensure all tooling and facility costs are provided in line with agreed RFQ/RFI.
- Adherence to NPL project schedules with a working knowledge of EPMS.
- Work closely with global PEC in the development of the project Process Design Drawing.
Your profile as their Expert Engineer - Press Tool & Processes:
- Experience preferred within a press shop environment related role within the automotive industry or other high volume manufacturing industry.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Very good communicator with proven project management skills.
- Willingness to travel extensively within the company and its supply chain.
- HNC in an appropriate Engineering discipline or equivalent.
Benefits of becoming their Expert Engineer - Press Tool & Processes:
- Group Personal Pension Scheme
- Company Contribution up to 7%
- Company Sick Pay Scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus statutory bank holidays
- Life Assurance
If you think this is the right role for you, why not click ‘apply’ now to become their Expert Engineer - Press Tool & Processes. They’d love to hear from you!