Experinced Independant Social Workers
An exciting opportunity for a Principal Social Worker to join our Child Health & Disability Team has become available in Cardiff.
The candidate needs to possess an in-depth understanding of the current relevant legislation, procedures and assessment process within social work. You will also be required to have extensive knowledge of social work principles, ethics and practices. The ideal candidate will be able to deal with complex cases, group work, and community issues as well as having the ability to work individually with great enthusiasm to succeed.
You will need:
- A Degree or Masters in Social Work
- Experience of working within a Child Health & Disability Team
- Experience of providing supervision to students and staff.
The main duties of the post holder will be:
- Working alongside a multi-agency team of professionals, in partnership with families.
- To take a lead in the team using the Signs of Safety approach to social work practice
- To encourage and support the team in adopting the Signs of Safety approach
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of effective systems to ensure quality services.
- Engagement with MASH in relation to referrals, supervising Wellbeing Assessments and Section 47 investigation.
- Working in a multiagency capacity to support families
- Attend alongside the social worker at Child Protection Case Conferences
- Provide a consultation role on practice issues for staff and, where appropriate, managers
- Provide specialist advice and support across the team.
- Provide supervision, mentoring and coaching to staff within Children’s Services as required and support other staff with students on placement to ensure good quality placements and development of the workforce
- Take responsibility for delegated decision making appropriate to the role.
- HCPC Registration
- Must have completed or near completion of ASYE
- Relevant social work qualifications
- To hold and manage a caseload of complex and high-risk cases
- To act as a mentor and role model for social workers to improve and develop practice
- To play a key role in the development of the team and the service as a whole.
This role is initially for 3months, with an extension to be likely.
- Computer Literate
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'