Prospero Teaching are currently recruiting Experienced Tutors to provide support to students in the Oldham area who are currently out of mainstream education.
As Tutor, you must be able to create, plan and deliver 1:1 tailored lesson to bridge gaps in pupil's education and boost engagement and attainment levels. This opportunity is great for an experienced teacher who is looking to step away from the classroom to offer more personalised, enjoyable lessons.
Most of these pupils will have been out of education for some time, so the confidence levels may be very low. It is your responsibility to reengage them in their learning and offer structure back into their daily routine.
Prospero Teaching will work with you closely to monitor the progression with each pupil and support effective learning.
- Location - Within the community or pupils' home in Oldham
- Position - Tutor
- Type of work - Contract
- Start date - ASAP
- Duration - Until the pupil can reintegrate into a new school placement
- End date (if applicable) - Ongoing
- Contract type - Temporary
- Full-time/part-time - Part time (10 hours per week, per student)
- Minimum rate of pay - £25+ per hour
- Hours - Working hours can differentiate, depending on the convenient timings of the family
Experience, Training and Qualifications of the Tutor:
- QTS or equivalent
- Possess UK classroom teaching experience
- Be creative, patient and willing to think outside of the box
- Have experience working with SEND or disengaged pupils
To be eligible for this role, the potential Tutor must:
- Hold the right to work in the UK
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional child-related references.
To find out more or apply for this Tutor position, please send your CV to
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy.
- Tutor / Core / Maths / English / Science / SEND / SEN / Secondary / Primary
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'