Tradewind are looking for a teacher in the Lancaster area who is experienced working with children with profound multiple learning difficulties (PMLD) or teachers looking to develop their skills within SEN. We currently have a wide range of exciting positions available for either day-to-day or long-term supply in SEN schools across all key stages.
The role will require leading, delivering and co-ordinating lessons and curriculum to pupils that have physical disabilities, cognitive and developmental difficulties. You will need to be committed to ensuring pupils make good progress and encourage pupils to reach their potential through engaging and stimulating teaching.
Your main duties would include:
* Inspiring and engaging with children or young adults with profound & multiple learning difficulties.
* Assessing individual learning needs and working on a group basis.
* Assessing and reporting on individual pupil's progress.
* Liaising with parents, carers and professionals such as mainstream teachers, education welfare officers, social workers and Healthcare professionals.
The School is based in Lancaster and has a supportive SLT Team who are dedicated to ensuring all students get the best from their education.
By registering with Tradewind, we can offer you:
* We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
* We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
* Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn up to *£100
* Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
* Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
* Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
* Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Successful candidates will need the following skills and qualifications:
* QTS or a UK recognised teaching qualification
* To be able to differentiate work to students depending on their need and abilities.
* Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate with other staff members.
* The ability to use initiative and can work well under pressure.
* PECs or Makaton trained is desirable. Experience is desirable
To be considered for the role of SEN Teacher it is essential that you have recent experience in a classroom setting and have a recognised Teaching Qualification. If you are a passionate Teacher with SEN Experience please apply today with an up to date copy of your CV or call the office for a confidential discussion on .
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates, clients and employees come first. At Tradewind you will have access to 25 fully certified CPD courses, that's 18 more than our next nearest competitor, all focused on making you the best you can be. We have the very best people available to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you. Put simply; we listen, we learn, we deliver. Why? Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching Teachers and Support Staff to their dream job, and help Primary, Secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 11 offices in the UK, including: London, the West Midlands, the North West, East Anglia, the North East, the South West, Yorkshire, the Midlands, Herts and Bucks.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer.
- Primary Teacher
- Special Needs Teacher
- Secondary Teacher
- Special Needs Education
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job