We are recruiting for an experienced Experienced Optical Assistant for a well known high street company. They offer fantastic training leading to wonderful opportunities for long term career prospects. The salary given is £15,400 with bonus scheme, staff discounts and pension. Dispensing experience is essential.
About the company:
This is a fantastic chance to join one of the largest names on the high street with a reputation for superb customer care. They offer good working conditions and great career prospects.
About The Role:
You will join the existing team in a busy environment. The Optical Assistant will be responsible for pre-screening, assisting customers with contact lens fitting, frame adjustments and meeting and greeting customers in a professional manner.
This is a very busy varied role and the successful person will be an enthusiastic team player;
• Carry out pre test procedures
• Provide high quality clinical Information on how to wear contact lenses and glasses
• Explain prescription suitability and specifications
• Conduct the daily teaches efficiently and effectively
• Book and change contact lens customers into appointments using in house computer system
• Operate the till accurately taking monitory transactions
• Participate in weekly / monthly training programmes
• Professionally answer any customers questions or queries, and handle any complaints when they arise
• Meet and exceed all targets set
• Complete NHS practices and procedures accurately
• Identify basic contact lens complications
Essential Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 12 months experience as an optical assistant. You will be target driven and have a passion for delivering excellent customer service. You must be flexible as the role covers 5 days out of 7 including either a Saturday or a Sunday.
Dispensing experience is essential
About The Benefits
• Salary of up to £15,400
• 37.5 hours a week
• 20 days + bank holidays
• Staff discount
• Pension scheme
• Excellent training programme
• Hours: 7 hours a day, between the hours of 8am - 7pm (1 weekend day per week)
If this sounds like a role you will LOVE, please send your CV
We aim to respond to all successful applications within 2 days. If you haven't been contacted within 2 days your application has been unsuccessful and your details will not be held. Please check our Website and apply directly for any other suitable positions you see. We apologise that we are unable to contact everyone in person and thank you for your interest.
Are you on Facebook? Consider following our Facebook page as this is the first place where we post the most up to date vacancies, along with CV tips, interview techniques and so much more. Check us out on Facebook.