2018 - NEW YEAR!......NEW OPPORTUNITIES!
Paterson Healthcare Agency are seeking experienced workers to support adults with Learning Disabilities, Autism, Mental Health & Complex Needs living in the community.
Earls Barton NN6 Thrapston NN14
Wellingborough NN8 Kettering NN16
Ideally we'd like.....
- Minimum of 6 months experience working with adults with learning disabilities & complex needs.
- Experience of providing good quality care in line with CQC fundamental standards.
- Involvement of supporting people transitioning from residential or therapeutic settings into their own supported homes or tenancies.
- Supporting individuals to integrate into their local community accessing healthcare and community based activities.
- An understanding of positively supporting adults who may display behaviours that challenge.
- Knowledge and implementation of Positive Behaviour Management (PBM)
- Experience of using effective de-escalation techniques and positive interventions in line with individual support plans.
- Identifying and managing signs of potential crisis, contacting the relevant support teams
- Ability to use Person Centred Approaches.
- Pro-active approach in promoting the rights, choices, values and wishes of individuals.
- Knowledge and understanding of Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults, Mental Capacity Act (MCA) and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS)
- Competent to liaise with families, outside agencies and other professionals.
- Skills to work autonomously and productively as part of a team.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
And if possible.....
- Experience of 1:1 lone working.
- Skills for Care - Care Certificate.
- Health & Social Care Diploma Level 2 or 3
- Current and clean driving licence.
- Willing to travel
But why choose to register with Paterson Healthcare?
We offer -
- Some of the best pay rates around
- Flexible hours to fit in with your lifestyle
- Weekly pay and 5 weeks* paid holiday
- Free* training in all mandatory subjects
- Free* on-line training in topics you’re interested in
* subject to terms
- Learning Disabilities
- Mental health