Due to continued growth, our client is looking for an experienced Construction Estimator to join the expanding team in Mid Cornwall.
Our Client is looking for a motivated person who can prepare accurate and competitive estimate as well as working to agreed timescales and to the correct specifications.
Excellent package and benefits depending on experience
• Sound knowledge of Building Construction, with site experience or established estimator 3 years minimum in a building estimating background.
• Good career continuity.
• Great knowledge of construction and engineering within the UK/ROI.
• Skilled and experienced at estimating, pricing works and cost management.
• Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Office (Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook) and database software.
• Proficiency with working with Estimating Software
• Co-ordinate with bid management team to develop a strategy within the estimating team schedule of key dates for individual ,estimates (enquiries, pricing, adjudication).
• Examine tender documentation for completeness. Review conditions of contract for changes.
• Prepare and send out enquiry documents to providers of materials and sub-contractors for the scope of work.
• Attend pre-construction and construction site visits.
• Extract bill of quantities from tender package to estimating software.
• Develop bill of quantities from drawings or tenders without this documentation.
• Source and price all items detailed in the bill of quantities.
• Evaluate returned quotations from suppliers and when necessary communicate with suppliers/sub-contractors to bring quotations in line with the project specification.
• Price all temporary works as required. Link with design team or other business functions to ensure the completeness.
• Organise and price contractors preliminaries for individual projects.
• Lead tender adjudication through developing, completing relevant reports and presentations.
• Complete tender documents for submission in conjunction with Line Manager, ensuring that all requested information is submitted.
• Organise the delivery of completed tender documents ensuring that they reach the client by the date and time specified by the tender. Ensure completed tenders are filed and recoverable.
If this role is of interest to you, please send your CV detailing your skills and experience.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Construction Estimator, Senior Construction Estimator, Quantity Surveyor, Senior Quanity Surveyor, Expereinced Surveyor, Experienced Estimator
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job