We have an opportunity with one of our fantastic clients in their Machine Shop for an Experienced Team Leader / Supervisor.
Duties will include..
To lead the machine shop's small team on internal work and sub-contract for third parties.
Involvement with customers as required, must be driven and forward thinking.
Must have experience in a similar position and be very hands-on in all aspects of this challenging role.
Must have experience of CNC Turning / Milling / Setting / Operating / Programming and Manual machines.
Working on Fanuc and Siemens 820/828D, Protrack controlled machines.
- Experience in the use and operation of CNC turning / milling machines, dual running as required
- Ability to programme, set and run one offs/small batches and prototype components.
- Prioritise machines to achieve scheduled due date
- Ability to self-inspect and take overall responsibility for output quality and standards.
- Be able to specify and select correct tooling for the job.
- Job costings and support discussions with customers as required.
- Have experience of material selection and cutting speeds / feeds.
- Overall attention to detail and running of the shop including machine upkeep / service schedules.
- Jig / fixture manufacture as required.
- Experience on EDM wire machine an advantage
- Input into sub-contract operations (e.g. plating, gear cutting, grinding) as required.
- Be a fully skilled time-served engineer with experience in areas like plating allowances etc..
You will also have a flexible, friendly and positive approach and the ability to work on your own initiative. Driven and methodical, you must also have a strong work ethic, excellent communication skills and meticulous attention to detail. Be available for additional hours / overtime as loadings demand.
Full time position - 39.5 hours per week (plus overtime)
22 days holiday per annum plus statutory days
Salary dependant on experience.
Call Jamie on