Saltwater Beach Cafe located on Chalkwell Beach seeks to recruit an experienced Chef/Cook who has previous experience in a busy kitchen to compliment our existing friendly and expanding team.
This is a great opportunity to have a work/life balance, working 37 hours per week.
The ideal candidate must have the following attributes:
- We are looking for a person who has a passion for food and has innovative ideas for vegan, vegetarian,healthy and traditional food.
- With your experience you will help create our seasonal menus and have an input into any new products and dishes that we sell at the cafe.
- Experience with food budgets, ordering and portion control to help manage our busy kitchen would be essential.
- In the height of season the kitchen is very busy offering both eat in and take away dishes, you will receive additional support during these busy times.
- The candidate must work well under pressure whilst consistently sending out a high standard of food with attention to detail and ensuring food not only tastes great but is visually appealing too.
- You must be able to keep a very clean, tidy kitchen adhering to food saftey guidelines.
- Candidates must hold the relevant qualifications to work in the kitchen.
- Our cafe has received multiple 5* reviews and we would like to build on this success and maintain this standard of service and food.
- Off season there will be the chance where the right candidate can showcase their talents and be involved with the decisions of seasonal dishes and feel creatively involved.
We have lots of fun and creative event ideas going forward for the cafe particularly in the summer months and would like someone who would also enjoy working in this kind of environment.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job