Experience Business Development Consultant
£27,000- £32,000 plus target related bonus scheme
Home based with field travel
- What is the role?
As a Business Development Consultant you will be responsible for securing new apprenticeship business with employers across the region, in this field based role.
How this typically works is that you would be expected to win business through self-generated marketing and pitch presenting to Directors, high level managers or senior management teams within prospective new clients.
You will inspire an on-going and consistent pipeline of prospective employers who have not previously worked with Smart Training and Recruitment Limited as a Training Provider.
You will be providing clear and defined training information, advice and guidance promoting the upskill of existing employees alongside any new opportunities for their workforce or wider business in-line with the employer’s own business objectives and strategic plan.
- Am I suitable for the role?
The successful candidate should have a strong background in sales, or business development and have a good understanding of the education system and apprenticeships sector.
You will have excellent networking and communication skills and be confident that you will be month 2, hitting your targets.
A driving licence and access to a vehicle is essential for this role.
Candidates must have the following skills, experience and qualifications to be considered:
- Sales experience in a sales/business development role in the education market.
- Strong track record of working to targets and KPI's
- Be organised and work own initiative.
- Full clean driving licence and access to vehicle essential
If you feel that you have the relevant skills and experience, please do apply for our role. For more detailed information regarding the role, please review the job description below:-
Proactively identify, develop and engage suitable new levy paying employers ensuring they meet Health and Safety, quality and delivery requirements. At all times promote Smart TAR’s current and potential portfolio of apprenticeships.
Regularly meet with suitable employers at their premises to identify, discuss and plan their company training need by undertaking a training needs analysis and employer interview which will establish business opportunities as a result with the expectation is that you will generate your own quality over quantity leads in addition to this support.
Consistent achievement of your sales targets from month 2
Ensure CRM is fully populated with details of your entire pipeline of opportunity
Conduct yourself in a professional manner in line with the Company's Code of Conduct and relevant Policies and Procedures.
Maintain quality in your documentation and submissions to ensure high standards are maintained. Liaise with the central data team for feedback on any issues you may be experiencing or questions you may have.
Attend regional team meetings
The successful candidate should be well established and experienced within the Apprenticeship Sector. The candidate will be used to working towards and exceeding monthly targets in a pressured environment.
1. Commitment to the vision, mission, objective and values of Smart Training and Recruitment
2. Clear focus on who our stakeholders are and empathy with their needs
3. Ability to be a self-starter and take initiative within the sphere of your role and responsibilities, to be confident, knowledgeable and possess outstanding employer engagement and strong negotiation skills.
4. Focused on delivering targets for business growth - taking into account short and medium term targets (1- 3 months)
5. Ability to effectively plan, delegate and prioritise when attending meetings, events, employer presentations
6. To have excellent communication skills both verbally and written when communicating with employers, learners and Smart personnel, with the ability to confidently deliver presentations or reports to SLT when requested.
7. Ability to make well informed and clear business decisions within the sphere of your responsibility
8. Driven, highly organized with proficient levels of administration and I.T. skills (including Microsoft Office 365 Suite) with the ability to prepare a bespoke high-quality employer presentation using PowerPoint.
9. Commitment and ability to inspire and motivate others through relationship building
10. Commitment to your own continuous development
11. Ability to maintain and champion the Company behavioural and ethical standards ensuring an environment in which the dignity of individuals is respected by promoting equality and opportunity. This Job description is designed to provide an overview of the role and responsibilities of the post
- Further Education
- Sales Management
- Training Needs Analysis
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'