We are a property management company based in Hendon North West London that is part of an Estate Agents. We require an Experienced Accountant/ Bookkeeper to report to the Directors to run the Finance department with the day to day running of the finance department and to provide support to the other areas of the business as required. This is primarily a finance role dealing with the sales, rents and nominal ledgers across various property companies.
This role may be ideal for someone who needs shorter hours each day and or that is looking for a 4 day week; Monday to Thursday.
- Entering and control of financial data for monthly management reporting and monthly and yearly management accounts
- Using the system to undertake reconciliation of the bank accounts and client account.
- Processing payment runs, maintaining accurate records of authorisation and processing.
- Maintaining the purchase ledger - entering supplier's invoices on and ensuring they are properly authorised, preparing payment authorisation documents for paying by bank transfers and/or cheques and entering on system as needed.
- Preparing and controlling staff commission and payroll payments as due
- Prepare weekly reports and distributing to Directors.
- Maintaining VAT control ensuring all transactions comply with HMRC rules. Preparing and reconciling quarterly report.
- Maintain and control petty cash and process transactions on accounts system.
- Arrange for the banking of all cheques and cash as required, preparing deposit slips and entering on system. Checking deposit slips ensuring amount banked agrees.
- Preparing and posting nominal journals when required.
- Filing of all accounting documentation.
- Providing cover for the other financial staff during holiday/sickness periods.
Experience & Skills Required:
- Experienced accountant/ bookkeeper with good knowledge of accounts and month and year end financial reporting.
- Previous experience of working within the property sector would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of the bespoke Qube, Xero or similar a bonus.
- Good I.T. skills, especially Excel and Word
- Willingness/ ability to be part of the Finance and Qube systems development team.
- Prepared to take responsibility.
- Self-motivating and good at prioritising.
To be located close to Hendon - NW London.
If you feel that this will be a role that is suitable to you, please can you send us your CV and a covering letter as to why you feel that this role is for you.
- Account Management
- Financial Data
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these similar searches
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'