Travel Counsellors are an award-winning, travel business that places people at the heart of everything we do. We have 1,750 home-based Travel Counsellor Franchisees and 350 support staff based from our head office located near the Trafford Centre in Manchester and internationally in our 6 satellite offices. With sales of £500m plus per annum and ambitions to be a £1bn digitally enabled business, famous for the way we look after our customers and people we are always on the lookout for talented individuals who will be integral to the on-going success of this entrepreneurial business.
The Company sets itself apart by recruiting the best travel advisers, building personal relationships with customers and delivering the highest level of personal service and care that can be found in any industry. For over twenty years we’ve set the trends in travel homeworking, and last year we won the TTG Top Homeworking Agency and Travel Weekly Best Homeworking Agency awards. We’re a world class, bespoke business and one of the most fundamental factors of our business is that we’re consistent in offering an authentic and tailor-made service where our Travel Counsellors create "one off" itineraries that cannot be found off the shelf.
Founded 23 years ago, our business model is tried and tested, based on relationships, retention and referral. It’s this approach that makes us more than a little different from the rest. And that’s what keeps our customers coming back year after year, again and again. In fact, 96% say they would recommend Travel Counsellors to their friends, family and colleagues.
The business is growing quickly and has a huge opportunity for further growth by executing its clear strategy globally (referred to as RRP), focusing on:
Recruiting more franchisees globally;
Leveraging the opportunities to increase new business from Referrals and drive up more Re-Book business, specifically from first time bookers; and
Driving sales through the Company’s in-house booking system Phenix and specifically it’s directly contracted product.
The opportunity for growth is predicated on the basis of word class leading levels of customer retention, loyalty and advocacy.
The Company’s culture is based on caring and it has a clear management behaviours centred around Focus (on RRP), Pace and Energy. We want to develop a culture that encourages innovation, fresh thinking and continuous improvement by encouraging feedback at all levels.
Moving forward we’re looking for authenticity and creative flair, for individuals who are comfortable operating in the world of modern technology and those who possess a high level of digital skills, to make sure we’re always one step ahead. Each and every individual who works for Travel Counsellors takes pride in what they do, we set high standards and always, always aim to deliver.
It’s all because we care. Caring is in our DNA.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Check and verify internal records against supplier invoices
- Identify and resolve queries & discrepancies
- Distribute customer documentation using various methods
- Liaise both internally with various departments and externally with both sales people and suppliers in the UK and abroad
- Update clients computerized records
- Handle support calls assisting with any administration issues
- Other reasonable duties as directed by the Administration Manager
Key Attributes & Qualifications needed for the role:
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent time management, ability to prioritise and work to strict deadlines
- Excellent organisational skills
- Experience of working in an office environment
- Excellent communications skills
- Confident telephone skills
- Competent keyboard skills
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team
- Great Spirit & consistent positive attitude
- Able to cope with the demands of a busy department
- Needs to be able to identify problems and have the ability to resolve in an effective manner
Desirable Attributes & Qualifications needed for the role:
- Experience with Excel / Word
- Travel industry knowledge
- Clerical qualifications