Our client is a busy meat processing site located in Shropshire, and is currently recruiting for Abattoir Production Operatives to join the On Site team in this rural location.
The successful candidates will ideally have previous experience in a similar role in an Abattoir or in a position using a knife in a fast paced food production environment; however this is not essential as full training will be provided.
A reasonable understanding of written and spoken English is also essential for working at this busy processing factory.
Successful candidates will need to be comfortable working in a chilled environment of a very busy meat processing factory and will ideally have a good level of physical fitness as you may be required to stand for the duration of the shift.
Candidates will ideally have previous experience in a similar role in an Abattoir or in a position using a knife in a fast paced food production environment; however this is not essential as full training will be provided.
The main duties of the role will include:
- Working in Abattoir area of Beef Production area.
- Adhering to hygiene and food safety policies and procedures.
- Using knives and other equipment provided, must ensure that all products are boned / trimmed out to meet specification whilst minimising waste.
- Will be required to carry out all tasks as per training given.
- Carrying out daily checks of equipment when required to do so and reporting to supervisor.
- Must have a flexible approach to work and carry out additional duties where required.
- To follow Health and Safety procedures and to Bone, Seam and Trim to customer / company specifications.
Shifts available 07:00- end of production Mon-Friday
The pay rate for this position will be £7.50 per hour until full training provided, piece rate thereafter.