- Are you an experienced teaching assistant looking for an exciting opportunity to work in a specialist setting?
- Would you like the opportunity to access specialist training such as Team-Teach?
- Are you looking for an opportunity to develop your skills and expertise within a PRU?
A specialist school located in Liverpool that caters for students aged 11-16 from all backgrounds who have social, emotional and mental health challenges, trying where possible to reintegrate them back into mainstream school. They provide: educational provision for pupils excluded from mainstream, provision to pupils excluded from Liverpool Secondary schools and academies and year 11 provision.
Due to an expansion in the school, the school require more teaching assistants who are available day to day and long term. Due to the specific needs of the pupils ideally the teaching assistant will be highly experienced and have experience working with pupils with SEMH needs. The ideal teaching assistant will also have an understanding of how to de-escalate situations and deal with pupils who display signs of challenging behaviour.
The ideal teaching assistant will have:
- Extensive SEMH experience and an understanding of how to de-escalate challenging behaviour
- A level 2 Teaching Assistant qualification (level 3 desirable)
- Team- Teach training (desirable can be provided)
- Experience work within a special needs setting (preferably PRU)
- Experience of delivering targeted interventions to pupils with SEMH needs
If you are an experienced teaching assistant seeking an opportunity to work in a PRU and feel that you have the appropriate skills and experience to succeed in the role, please contact
To apply for this excellent teaching opportunity, please apply online at Http://register
All candidates applying to jobs through Teaching Personnel must undertake or have undertaken an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS - Full assistance provided (AGY).
Are you a teaching assistant who is living in Ireland and looking for work in Liverpool? With regular, affordable travel links to and from the UK, and a significant number of job opportunities in UK schools, the prospect of working in schools and living in the UK is an exciting one for many! At Teaching Personnel we are ready and eager to help you find the perfect role!
All applicants will require the appropriate qualification and training for this role. For teacher roles, we require a formally recognised teaching qualification. For Support staff our minimum requirement is GCSE English & Maths (A-C) or equivalent.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.