Monday to Friday, 8.45am to 5.00pm
My client in Huddersfield, a leading high quality manufacturer, is recruiting an Expeditor/Purchasing Assistant with supply chain experience and good problem solving skills. As the successful candidate, you will bring experience in ordering, stock control and operational relationships with both suppliers and internal customers. In return you will have the opportunity to be part of a fast-paced, growing business that can offer a long-lasting and durable career.
As Expeditor/Purchasing Assistant your day to day duties will include:
- Accountable for operational relationship with suppliers
- Managing overall supplier performance including delivery, quality, communication and development, for a defined range of vendors
- Managing daily MRP recommendations, orders and acknowledgements
- Planning and scheduling of orders to various warehouses to meet customer demands
- Identifying and implementing some projects and continuous improvement initiatives
- Maintaining inventory to tightly defined parameters
- Working with internal departments to ensure a first class customer service is maintained
- Achieving supplier KPI’s
The experience you’ll bring:
- Experience in a similar supply chain/purchasing/customer focused role
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Providing first class customer service
- Positive 'can-do’ attitude
- Excellent communication skills across all mediums
- Effective organisational and time management skills
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to work as part of a team but with the initiative to work independently
- Experience of working calmly under pressure
- ICT skills - knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Manufacturing experience an advantage but not essential as full training can be given
If you have the skills and experience to succeed in this role and are looking for your next challenge then please apply without delay.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Bagnall Hopkins Recruitment who is operating as an employment agency/business. Your application will be sent to one of our consultants for review, at which stage we will be in touch to discuss your details further. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours your application has not been successful.
We will not submit your CV until you have been briefed on the position and we have your consent to do so.
Both Bagnall Hopkins and our clients promote a policy of equal opportunities.
Follow us on Twitter @bagnallhopkins, and take a look at our Facebook page.
#bagnallhopkins #purchasingassistanthuddersfield #expediterhuddersfield #purchasingjobhuddersfield #BHbigten
- Communication Skills
- Customer Service
- Problem Solving
- Supply Chain
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job