Expeditor - (procurement within manufacturing)
If you live in London this role is perfect for you as is being close to Derby (but you must travel to London for Friday of each week).
We are seeking to employ 3-4 graduates asap and who who have gained quality project based work experience from within professional and fast paced environments, and who are very much used to working within a fast paced working environment.
In this role you will work on a large project for a global procurement consultancy and form part of a forward looking expediting team with a supplier focus and work as an integral part of a wider team optimising systems and processes within Procurement and be working on a client project.
You will be working within a supply chain/manufacturing industry and be required to work on the client site in Derby for 4 days Monday - Thursday) and typically Friday in the clients offices based in central London.
You will be reimbursed for your travel, hotel accommodation and allowance for breakfast and dinner if commuting from London.
As an Expeditor you will have responsibility to resolve and/or escalate as appropriate, liaising closely with the Team Leader and other cross-functional stakeholder groups and contribute to the development of an accurate data set profiling each supplier allocated to their responsibility, including all SKUs. Support the management of material inventory levels to support production requirements whilst being maintained at an agreed value. The role will cover the management of the supply chain during the start-up, realisation and completion phases of Projects.
Supply chain management/SAP - MRP Management/Governance
- Engagement with Suppliers to review and confirm delivery requirements of future orders based on prioritised parts or suppliers, management in line with scheduled & purchase orders issued via a web based order management portal
- Identify and react to material plans that do not meet Production requirements
- Will keep up to date detailed issue logs regarding all identified conflicts and resolutions will be carried out where possible
- Provide/update information and KPI management on key performance issues
- Populate and enrich supplier/SKU profiles, engaging various departments e.g. Buyers, Internal Logistics, Planning and external suppliers; building a good working knowledge of the supplier’s operations and SKU’s in scope
- Identify discrepancies with Master supplier and material profiles in SAP
- Provide input in developing departmental strategies for inventory on existing items, new product introduction and phase outs
- Regular feedback and coordination with Team Leader to capture learnings and improve processes
- Use of reports developed directly out of client’s SAP and MRP systems.
- Input into and attend daily Expediting meetings
- Update daily reports
- Work closely with suppliers to ensure no areas of concern including monitoring their stock holding
- Execute with excellence in stock and demand replenishment providing feedback to the supply chain on risks regarding replenishment levels and demand
- Communicate proposed remedial actions with Team Leader, execute and/or escalate where relevant
- Use of reports developed directly out of client’s SAP and MRP systems. A strong understanding of the sources of information is required to ensure data and delivery schedules are accurate for clear communication with suppliers
- Update daily reports with a confirmed view of delivery promise dates to cover future production requirements and issue logs
Personal attributes required include:
- Collaborate with supervisors to determine material status and propose mitigation approaches
- Basic understanding of Supply Chains and Manufacturing industry would be advantageous (rail industry preferable)
- Clear, confident verbal and written communication skills
- Reasonable aptitude for arithmetic and logic
- Commitment to working as part of a team
- Reasonable technical capacity and competent IT skills in Microsoft Office (Excel skills)
- Shows initiative, can work in teams and has good organisational skills
- Ability to travel when required (both in UK and overseas)
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced supply chain, manufacturing environment
- The ability to successfully build strong relationships and effectively communicate across all levels of the organisation
- Ability to apply an analytical approach to problem solving
- MRP & SAP experience is advantageous
- Strong IT skills, particularly Excel
This is a fabulous opportunity to work within this corporate business consultancy sector of procurement and be part of a wide project for this exciting and forward thinking global client.
Monica looks forwarding to hearing from you and if you could send over your CV asap to the address on this advertisement she will talk through your interest in these roles asap.
We look forward to receiving your application.
- Inventory Control
- Project Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"