I am recruiting for an Expeditor for a global manufacturing organisation based just outside of Peterborough. You will have responsibility for a pool of suppliers and ensure that delivery escalations are managed to minimise impact to the business. You will work with suppliers to ensure timely supply and resolve any issues as they arise.
Duties and Responsibilities:-
- Be the main point of contact for supplier delivery, supplier escalation activity and monitoring supplier performance.
- Engage with suppliers to put in place improvement programs and ensure performance via KPIs.
- Work collaboratively with other departments to deliver against agreed plans
- Check if products need to be cancelled, brought forward or moved out to maintain stock levels.
- Validate any bottlenecks and improve processes
- Work closely with supply chains to make sure all materials and parts are within the business as and when needed
- Liaise closely with the Production Planner
- Improving the flow of materials across the organisation
- Always look to improved cost reduction and save the company money (such as travel costs and shipping costs etc.)
- Ensure all component and raw material orders are met
To be considered for the Expeditor role you will need to have:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- The ability to manage multiple projects
- Strong organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- A knowledge of supply chain would be advantageous as would MRP/ERP experience
- Ideally from an FMCG background