EXHIBITION SALES MANAGER - LONDON - £35K - £40K+ COMMISION + BONUS
This role combines new business development and account management, with selling across four exhibitions in three continents.
It is the perfect role for a hardworking, ambitious, driven sales professional who is happy to conduct sales over the phone and via email, as well as travelling the world: conducting face to face meetings, attending competitor trade shows and scheduling business development road trips.
The 6 generic expectations for the role as Exhibition Sales Manager
- Generic Skills & Knowledge :
Specific exhibition industry knowledge (probably 2 to 7 years) in different domains. Adds vision and in depth knowledge. Uses knowledge of one or more systems/processes to troubleshoot.
- Tasks :
Makes necessary adjustments to achieve results.
- Meeting Customer Needs :
Consider customer needs in day to day decisions.
- Knowledge of organization / sectors :
Good knowledge of organization and/or sector(s) of activity.
- Interacting with others :
Good aptitude to interact, cooperate and influence others to adopt new approaches, ways of working. Supports positively initiatives developed elsewhere.
- Problem solving :
Expected to solve problems usually of a tactical nature in order to resolve broader operational issues. Generates innovative solutions within learned fields of activities
The 7 specific expectations for the role as Exhibition Sales Manager
- Purpose of the role, key deliverables, and responsibilities:
- In charge of updating & extending prospects database & delivering sales objectives, based on a proposed commercial plan using market knowledge of designated sector (competitive events, trends, innovations, key stakeholders, media...) led by Event Director. Feed marketing with needs.
- Build sustainable relationships with exhibitors (incl. face to face) to improve market knowledge retention ratio, selling sponsoring and value added services.
- Global travel to see customers, competitive tradeshows and generation of new business.
- Responsible for the administration of potential and confirmed exhibitors in the CRM system and subsequent paperwork once a deal has been made.
- Responsible for achieving sales targets, both individual and as a team.
- Responsible for providing content for the Critical Sales Paths (CSP), Retention Reports and Booked Exhibitor Lists
- Responsible for working cohesively and as a team alongside 4 other sales staff.
-Primary internal work relations
- Divisional Director, Sales Team , Marketing Team, Finance, Operations
-Primary external work relations
- Exhibitors, exhibitor prospects, sponsors, visitors
-Three performance indicators: "How would you describe an outstanding performance in this role?"
- Exceed sales objectives and targets, growing accounts and generating new business.
- Make 40+ calls a day with 16 successful interactions with customers each day.
- Hitting sponsorship targets for each event.
-Three expected deliverables by the end of the first three months
- Understand the market: main challenges and trends of the sector, industry value chain & key players.
- Be able to use the CRM system and maintain a steady work tempo (+ 40 calls per day + 16 successful interactions per day).
- Meet the key stakeholders (internal and external) and start to receive signed contracts (minimum 2 units (18sqm) a week).
-Experience (professional or industry knowledge, level of expertise,...)
- 3-5Y experience in a commercial roles; marketing experience is a +; Market knowledge/affinity and existing network in the specific sector is a plus
-Knowledge of languages
- Further languages a bonus
EXHIBITION SALES MANAGER - EXHIBITIONS - LONDON - £35K -£40K + COMMISION + BONUS
Advertised on behalf of our market leading client, by Red Recruitment.
EXHIBITION SALES MANAGER - EXHIBITIONS - LONDON- £35K - £40K + COMMISION + BONUS
- Exceeding Targets