Market leading media events business is looking for a talented Sales Manager to head up their exhibition sales team. Key focus of the role is to generate revenue across their global events portfolio via a combination of new business development and key account management together with direct management of a media sales team made up of several exhibition sales executives. The role will also include strategic development of existing events into new global locations.
Our client is a market global events business and widely recognised as the leading player within the exhibition market. This is an excellent opportunity to manage a flagship retail portfolio and manage a rapidly growing exhibition sales team. Due to the nature of the portfolio the successful candidate will have full ownership of some of the market’s leading clients.
The position of Exhibition Sales Manager holds a fundamental role within the wider business. This market leading business proudly boasts an array of flagship, industry defining brands and there is enormous opportunity within this role to develop the portfolio further with increased events. This role is has a strong progression path into higher management within 12 months.
You will be responsible for
- Managing a sales team.
- Research and assess sales opportunities through new business and account management (approx. 50/50 split).
- Build and maintain existing client relationships.
- Develop and nurture long-term relationships with customers and prospects.
- Self-generation of new sales leads and opportunities for prospects as well as cross-sell/upsell opportunities within the customer base.
- Regular team meetings, mentoring and developing talent
- Meeting with clients face to face to discuss event requirements.
You will have a proven Sales background specifically within large-scale exhibitions and experience in managing a sales team. You will be a hard-working, ambitious and driven sales professionals who is happy to conduct sales over the phone & via email, as well as travelling the world on occasion: conducting face to face meetings, attending competitor trade shows and scheduling business development road trips.
- 3 years sales experience minimum with at least 1 years in a management position
- Can demonstrate a proactive and positive attitude to sales and business.
- Has a proven qualification process and can manage a number of opportunities and a sales pipeline.
- Can deliver a 'value proposition' in any form of presentation media.
Lipton Media is a dynamic, proactive and progressive media recruitment agency solely dedicated to the media industry. We are leaders across media sales and creative opportunities. We cover: media sales, digital media sales, print sales, exhibition sales, event sales, conference sales, outdoor sales, radio sales, marketing, conference production and editorial jobs.
Our clients range from small start-up companies to FTSE 100 and 250 businesses. We work with people at every stage of their career from undergraduates looking for their first entry point into sales to senior managers and directors looking for their next challenge.
- Media Sales
- Sales Management
- Exhibition Stands
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job