This is an exciting Events Portfolio Director position for a well-established and growing exhibition organiser based in central London.
We’re looking for an Event Director / Portfolio Director with a proven track record of success across Expos and Events. You’ll need extensive knowledge of the events industry, specifically B2C.
As Portfolio Director – you’ll define, shape and then manage the strategic direction of a portfolio of large-scale events. You’ll develop routes for growth and look to maximise opportunities. There will also be ultimate responsibility for development and delivery of best practice as the business continues to grow.
Development of your team is key and therefore your leadership, creativity and experience is needed to support their professional development. As part of the Senior Management Team you will look to identify additional opportunities, shape investment and report to the Executive Board.
You’ll work to best practice and the very highest standards – It’s all up to you.
What you’ll be doing:
- You’ll have a focus on the customer at all times
- Managing the full P&L, with the aim of exceeding contribution targets
- Working with the Event Directors and Managers preparing the financial packs for shows, preparation of budgets, tracking of the costs and using your experience to head off problem areas and find effective solutions
- Develop and manage KPIs for performance management and event performance, whilst adding to team skills in order to identify new marketing initiatives, additional revenue streams and the creation of new content
- Mentoring and setting of succession planning for achievement of best results and team development
- Development and sharing of Best Practice
- Be the person the rest of the business wants to work with and share with through dedication and great communication
- Extensive knowledge of the events industry, specifically B2C
- Demonstrable financial management
- Proven track record of managing events through 2nd line management
- Marketing knowledge across your industry and brands
- High emotional intelligence
- A mentor, leader and motivator
- A strategic and analytical thinker
- A negotiator with both external clients and internal stakeholders
- Have high attention to detail, super-organised, diplomatic and generally just a superstar!
Why this is a great opportunity:
- This is a fast-paced and positive environment – a growing global event organiser
- The position is based in London
- The salary on offer is £90,000 plus excellent package and benefits
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job