Executive Support Officer
£17.67 PAYE to £22.02 Umbrella (Per Hour)
Inside IR35 - Therefore you cannot operate as a Limited Company in this assignment
Main purpose of post
- Provide a professional and comprehensive support function to a range of Directors and senior managers
- Work collaboratively as part of a team of Strategic and Executive Officers to ensure the council delivers an efficient and effective service to our citizens, stakeholders and partners.
- Support and contribute to a range of projects as allocated and drawn from the Division's work programme, contributing to the delivery of innovative policy, customer intelligence, equalities, business improvement and/or quality assurance, by providing analytical and research support in particular.
- Build and maintain professional contacts and relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders including senior representatives of the council, councillors and other public, private and third sector organisations.
- Co-ordinate and manage workloads to ensure that the needs of the Directors and their direct reports are met according to the demands of the service.
- Note: the role may be assigned to work to an individual or group of officers depending on the needs of the service. The postholder will be required to work flexibly across the council.
- They will be required to take on project assignments which will involve working collaboratively with colleagues across the council and our residents.
Key Unit Accountabilities
- Maintain an up to date understanding of the relevant functions, operations, programmes, priorities and issues of the Council, councillors, key external public and private sector partners.
- Exercise a high degree of discretion and sensitivity in dealing with internal and external stakeholders, councillors and partners, and showing a particular awareness of political sensitivities.
- Work independently as part of an Executive Support team, supporting collaboration, matrix working and team performance.
- Operational requirements including
- Act as single point of contact for a senior officer (or group of officers)
- Manage the daily diary and correspondence on behalf of a senior officer (or a group of officers) ensuring communications are dealt with in an efficient and effective manner with the ability to prioritise accordingly.
- Manage and respond to enquiries and referrals on behalf of senior managers as appropriate.
- Minute meetings and producing documents and presentations.
- Maintain efficient and appropriate electronic filing systems in line with council policies and procedures.
- Prepare strategic and high level briefings and presentations across the council's business for Director as required.
- Prepare complex reports, discussion papers, briefs, presentations or other documents appropriate to a variety of audiences, demonstrating an advanced level of knowledge of council systems and software packages
- Collating and reviewing documents to ensure correct filing and archiving are undertaken by using or developing appropriate document management systems