Job Description - Personal and Administrative Assistant
Location: Hertfordshire and London, UK
Duration: Full Time (4 days in Borehamwood and 1 day in Central London)
Salary: Commensurate with experience
My client is an established charity that aims to tackle and prevent human trafficking in the UK, by facilitating a more collaborative and systemic approach to making change.
My client is a dynamic, privately-owned company on a steep growth path, with enviable connections and unique capabilities in site acquisition…
My client is looking for an adaptable, detail-oriented individual who will provide critical support to both the leadership teams in the fulfillment of their respective missions.
More specifically, you will support the Director of the charity with their duties, as well as senior management team with day-to-day office management and administration. You may also be required to assist the Director with any other tasks outside of their specific professional roles, including those of a personal nature.
Role Outline: Personal Assistant position
The role will involve the following responsibilities within two main areas: support to the Foundation Director and support to the senior Executive Assistant..
Support to the foundation Director:
- Maintaining the Director’s calendar and effectively preparing them for pre-arranged meetings in a timely fashion.
- Facilitating smooth and efficient communication with any individuals/organisations in their internal and external network.
- Drafting email correspondence, short proposals, reports and commentary.
- Monitoring the Director’s email account and phone line, where necessary.
- Preparing travel logistics, timesheets, and expense reports.
- Supporting business development responsibilities, such as pursuing leads and following up on meetings.
- Providing administrative and office support to Foundation staff, including assisting with and planning events.
- Assisting with planning and coordinating local council and other relevant events.
- Coordinating engagement for Foundation’s senior staff, including phone conferences, video-conferences, and in-person meetings.
Support to the Senior Executive Assistant:
- Providing administrative and office support to senior staff.
- Attending and minuting meetings.
- Supporting the legal team on typing.
- Managing bookings.
- Coordinating scheduling.
- Assisting on office administration such as answering the telephones, managing post and managing room bookings.
- Other ad hoc office requests
- Organised and meticulous approach to your work: You genuinely enjoy completing a variety of detail-oriented tasks to provided deadlines.
- Soundjudgment: You are well-regarded for your judgment and are known for making reasoned, well-thought out decisions even in the face of limited or conflicting information.
- Flexibility: In the face of unexpected challenges, you will continue to provide quality support and successfully reorient yourself to find a new solution.
- Exceptionalcommunicationskills: Your written and verbal communications evidence clarity in both thought and analysis.
- Easewithtechnology: You’re a technophile, and when given the opportunity to work with a new program or application, you quickly become fluent.
- Missionorientationanddrive: It’s in your nature to work tirelessly on a problem until you’ve seen the solution through to your complete satisfaction.
- Growth mindset: You’re always seeking to better yourself and your work, and you will push yourself to the peak of performance to help fulfill our mission, whilst also embracing professional feedback given.
Please apply by sending a document containing all of the following documents in order:
- Your CV;
- A cover letter explaining why you would like to work within this industry and and why you would be suitable for this role (2 pages max.) and
- A writing sample which may be an article, blog, report or note you have written on any topic (5 pages max.). Please note, we will not accept academic writing samples.
Please note any incomplete applications or incorrectly labelled applications will not be considered.
Please note applications will be assessed on a rolling basis and so we encourage you to apply as soon as possible. Due to the limited capacity of our team, we will only get back to you if your application is successful.
- Diary Management
- Microsoft Office
- Office Management