Executive Manager - Finance
The Shetland Islands is home to a remarkable and thriving community, in a unique location and with extraordinary opportunities. Shetland Islands Council has a long track record of successfully developing and supporting the people of our islands to realise their full potential; and our enlightened, innovative financial management underpins everything we do.
You’ll be a key colleague, partner and advisor, playing a decisive role in shaping our strategic approach to current opportunities, and planning to meet future challenges. It’s a exciting, testing role with many facets, and every day is different: from meeting Ministers to secure funding for our lifeline ferries, to engaging in complex partnership working to find solutions for the tertiary education sector. Another day, you could find yourself providing financial advice to tackle inequalities,invest in the prevention agenda, or deliver greater benefits from service integration.
Accountable as the s.95 officer (equal to s.151),your range of strategic, managerial and technical skills will match our high expectations, and enable you to play a pivotal role as a trusted and respected expert. A key skill is the ability to explain complex financial matters to a full range of audiences and to successfully develop excellent working relationships with key stakeholders.
Joining a highly experienced, enthusiastic and outcome-focused Corporate Management Team, you’ll be an engaging, creative person with the ability to respond flexibly and thoughtfully to the rapidly changing demands of the role. And you’ll appreciate the personal reward of being part of an organisation that makes a much-valued and sustained contribution to island life.
Please follow the links below for further information -Additional Information
- The grade of this post is CO28 - 30
- Salary shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £2,094 per annum
- Permanent Full Time post for 37.0 Hours per Week hours per week, 52.18 weeks per year
- Preferred candidates will be required to undertake a Standard Disclosure check prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- Politically Restricted Post - this post is designated under the terms of the Local Democracy, Economic Development and Construction Act 2009, and the postholder is restricted as to the undertaking of political activity
- A relocation package does apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within the UK
- Ability to travel throughout Shetland at short notice and where public transport is limited
- Not suitable for Job Share
- Not suitable for Remote Working
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based in Lerwick
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Jonathan Belford, Executive Manager - Finance onor e-mail
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"