Executive Director - £50,000-£55,000 FTE
Full time or part-time (min 22.5 hours/week) with flexibility when required
Background on Winchester BID:Winchester BID was formally established in 2008 and is a Business Improvement District (BID). Its aim is to make Winchester a thriving place to work, shop live and visit.
We wish to appoint an inspirational and innovative leader to take Winchester BID on to the next stage in its growth and development.
We already occupy a position of considerable strength and the opportunity is to build on this. The Executive Director will combine strategic leadership with great team building and management skills. This is a unique opportunity for a successful leader to make a real impact in a high profile role that will fundamentally influence the future of Winchester's commerciality. The role is based in the heart of Winchester city centre in attractive open-plan office.
Main Purpose of the role:
- The Executive Director works in partnership with the Board of Directors and is responsible for setting the strategic vision of the BID to ensure its success and act as a principal point of contact for the management and promotion of the Winchester BID area.
- Together with the Board, the Executive Director is to ensure the Winchester BID delivery programme is relevant and meaningful to the BID levy payers, and that it delivers tangible value that result in successful continuation of the BID through its next ballot and beyond.
- The Board delegates' day to day management of the BID to the Executive Director, and the Executive Director has the authority to carry out these responsibilities in accordance with the direction, processes, structures and policies adopted by the Board. The Executive Director will be asked to join the Board as a Company Director, registered at Companies House.
- Winchester BID has been operating for a decade so is in a strong position but major regeneration is earmarked within the BID area during its current term, thus the Executive Director will need to ensure there is a strong voice for business through this period of change to firmly establish the BID as a success, and lead the BID through the next ballot in the autumn of 2022.
Business Planning, Human Resources and Finance
- Ensure that the BID has appropriate levels of financial oversight and control, including producing an annual budget, as well as effective day to day financial management, reporting monthly to the Board.
- Be responsible for the levering in of additional resources including funding in support of and to add value to Winchester BID's projects and services
- Develop a positive and enthusiastic workplace culture for BID staff, including appropriate staff development, performance management, and regular staff appraisals.
- Take responsibility for your own personal and professional development, in consultation with the Board chairman.
- Act as the main ambassador for the BID in interactions with external parties and develop strong relationships with senior representatives of BID businesses.
- Create a strong collective voice for Winchester BID members and develop effective relationships with external partners, especially the local authorities.
- Regularly review the Service Level Agreement and Operating Agreement with Winchester City Council for the collection of the BID Levy, and suggest changes where necessary.
- Oversee the Baseline Statements provided by Winchester City Council, Hampshire County Council and Hampshire Constabulary.
- Essential - Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Desirable - Relevant post-graduate qualification (i.e. Certificate in BID Management)
2. Experience and Knowledge
- Strategic leadership and management of an organisation, business or partnership for more than 5 years
- Significant experience of working with businesses across sectors in a city or town centre environment, preferably within the context of a Business Improvement District (BID)
- Experience of working to a board of directors
- A proven track record of developing and delivering business plans and projects
- Experience in procurement and contract/operations management
- A proven track record of leading and managing a small team, including recruitment and HR practices
- Experience of bringing together partners and of working in a multi-stakeholder environment
- Experience in financial and budget management, including budget setting, accounts and monthly reporting to a Board or similar body
- Knowledge of the issues facing town centres, BIDs, and the local economy
- Knoweldge of the needs of a business community to grow and prosper
- Knowledge of nurturing a membership organisation like the BID
3. Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication, presentation, influencing, negotiating and networking skills, including the ability to build consensus, manage stakeholders and develop partnerships.
- Strong commercial, financial and fundraising skills
- IT literate and aware of new ways of working
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"