Executive Director – BMI The Park Hospital – Nottingham
BMI Healthcare is recruiting for an Executive Director to join the senior management team at The Park Hospital in Nottingham.
As part of the UK’s largest independent healthcare group The Park is one of BMI’s largest and most complex hospitals. With 65 beds, 5 theatres and a Level 3 Intensive Care Unit, surgical specialties include Orthopaedics, a range of general specialties and complex spinal and cardiac surgery. The site has recently undergone a multi-million pound refurbishment programme to completely refurbish consulting suites, 22 bedrooms and to deliver a state of the art cardiac cath lab. In addition a purpose designed ambulatory care unit has enabled the delivery of streamlined clinical pathways.
This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and forward thinking leader to take Nottingham’s premier private hospital to the next stage. We are therefore looking for a proven Hospital/Executive Director with a demonstrable track record of success improving the financial and operational performance of healthcare facilities and/or hospitals of a similar size and complexity.
Duties of this role will include but not be limited to:
- Providing strategic direction and leadership to the Park Hospital and Hospital Management Team.
- Maximising the financial and operational performance of the Park Hospital, ensuring the hospital provides excellent patient care delivered in a safe high quality clinical environment in a cost-effective manner.
- Fulfil the role of Registered Manager for the site.
- Consultant recruitment and engagement including succession planning.
- Increasing the complexity of existing specialities and the development of new services.
- Growing and optimising NHS activity in line with BMI standard contracts and policy.
- Developing and managing relationships with key NHS commissioners e.g. CCGs, Trusts, GPs .
- Taking a lead role in the standard contract negotiations for the Park Hospital in collaboration with corporate colleagues
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Degree level education/ post-graduate qualifications or equivalent.
- Strong track record developing hospital services and performance from either the NHS or private sector.
- Have a clear understanding of current health industry issues and knowledge of health funding pertaining to private/public health sectors with a working knowledge of statutory regulatory requirements.
- Ability to establish operational and capital budgets that accurately reflect the hospital and BMI goals, intended strategies and emerging commercial opportunities.
- Sound financial skills to be able to read and interpret complex financial data.
- Awareness of regulatory requirements in the Healthcare sector.
- Ability to engage with a wide range of key internal and external stakeholders
- Experience in developing and maintaining robust governance and risk management processes.
Salary & Benefits
BMI Healthcare will offer ongoing training and development to the successful applicant in addition to a competitive starting salary. Employee benefits include Private Health Insurance, Childcare Vouchers, Staff Pension Scheme, generous holiday allowance, car allowance and more!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job