Service Line InformationIn Restructuring our clients and wider stakeholders vary considerably and include corporates (from mid-market to blue-chip), lawyers, hedge funds, lenders, PE houses, and public sector organisations.
Our service offerings develop in line with market demands and include advice on:
- Insolvency - both execution and advisory
- Exit planning and implementation
- Cash management - both crisis and strategic
- Lender advisory
- Corporate financial restructuring
- Operational restructuring, including turnaround, planning and implementation
- Impaired loan advisory services
- Chief restructuring officers
- Insurance solutions - insolvency services aimed exclusively at insurance companies.
KPMG OverviewKPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges.
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
As one of the UK's leading advisory firms, we offer the successful candidate the opportunity to work in a lively and stimulating environment.
You will be working within the Restructuring department of KPMG, supporting the Courtwork practice, based in London or Manchester. The team deal primarily with personal insolvency work as well as compulsory liquidations. You will report directly into the Courtwork Creditor Services team manager and will oversee the processes undertaken in the work winning area of the team.
You will contribute towards the efficient running of the team that supports the Courtwork Practice, to ensure that the Courtwork Creditor Services business goals and objectives are upheld in line with Service Level Agreements for our clients.
- To manage a large portfolio of pre-appointment cases from inception to conclusion
- Organise your daily work schedule to include a weekly portfolio review with the team senior manager.
- Liaison and calls with creditors.
- To have dialogue with the relevant Official Receiver’s office to gain all relevant case information.
- To search through internal systems for contact details on external creditors.
- To contact external creditors which do not have a preferred IP in place.
- Have a good understanding of our internal policies and technical issues in relation to the bankruptcy and compulsory liquidation processes.
- Have a good understanding of the personal insolvency market.
- Have good technical knowledge of bankruptcies.
- To identify possible client and solicitor targets and assisting the management team in converting these targets to new clients.
- Review Land Registry documents.
- Consider valuations on the debtor’s property and, where necessary, correspond with our preferred agents.
- To attend creditors’ meetings of interest.
- To maintain full records on every case using KPMG’s bespoke system.
- To produce reports following our appointment for our clients.
- To attend internal meetings to support senior management and the business plan.
- Dealing with ad-hoc queries within the team.
- Attendance of client networking events.
- Approval of client correspondence for junior staff
- Assist management group in producing pitch and proposal documents
Key skills and competencies required:
- Good working knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Accurate data entry skills.
- Negotiation skills.
- Good attention to detail.
- Good time management.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Understanding of the bankruptcy market.
- Understanding of compulsory liquidations will also be looked upon favourably
- Ability to work under pressure, ensuring that important deadlines are met.
- Good communication skills.
- Self-motivated and target driven.
- Good social skills.
- Being a team player within a small department.
- Be determined and eager to learn new skills.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'