We are not your average financial services firm and our unique culture is just one aspect that makes us stand out from the crowd. We offer a supportive environment that encourages innovation and creativity whilst maintaining a healthy lifestyle balance. You will be joining one of Europe’s leading Investment Management firms where you can expect real responsibility and recognition from day one. We are large enough to offer a wide variety of career opportunities, whilst small enough to treat you as an individual and tailor training and development to your specific needs.
The Executive Business Associate is responsible for supporting the M&G Executive Office (M&G Chief Executive and Chief Financial Officer’s offices) in the performance of their responsibilities. Reporting to, and primarily supporting the Executive Business Manager, tasks consist of routine and ad hoc activities across the M&G Executive Office as well as close interaction with the M&G Executive leadership team, M&G Prudential Executive and Prudential Group Head Office (GHO). The successful candidate will demonstrate a high level of flexibility and be adept at managing multiple projects, working to short deadlines and providing outputs of the highest standard.
The Executive Business Associate will be responsible for producing, or supporting the production of; presentations, memoranda, briefing papers and other materials as required to support the CEO and other key stakeholders.
Key deliverables include:
• Development of business strategy documents and presentations across M&G, M&G Prudential and Prudential GHO
• Preparation of materials in support of the CEO for internal and external meetings / events e.g. research on industry trends, M&G commercial relationships, etc.
• Represent the CEO both internally and externally as required, ensuring the CEO’s view is accurately communicated and ensuring the CEO is kept appraised of business developments
• Assist in the provision of timely and accurate information, analysis and support as requested by GHO and other Prudential businesses
• Coordinate the supply of information to and liaison with external advisors
• General support for Executive communications working closely with the Corporate Communications Team
• Other business update presentations across M&G, M&G Prudential, Prudential GHO and for external parties
Monthly / quarterly / annual planning and reporting cycle
The Executive Business Associate will support the production of the following:
• Monthly M&G Group CEO reporting to Prudential GHO
• Regular reporting in support of the M&G Prudential Executive Committee
• High level plan and detailed level plan submissions to Prudential GHO, including the M&G Group strategic business plan document
• Coordination of the M&G Group annual strategy and planning process
The Executive Business Associate will be responsible for supporting or, in some cases, leading projects on behalf of the Executive Office. These can take many forms, but in general are projects which:
• Are undertaken at a corporate level, i.e. do not relate to the operational business and / or
• Cross over a number of business areas and / or relate to areas which have limited analytical capability and / or are particularly sensitive in nature
Requirements and Experience
The successful candidate will have prior experience and a keen interest to move into a business management role in financial services.
Essential skills and attributes:
• Self-starter, highly flexible and results focused – able to take initiative and respond rapidly and dynamically to urgent business priorities that arise on an ad hoc basis – delivering on time and according to brief
• Ability to assimilate large data sets and interpret management information to produce analysis and present this in a clear and concise manner
• The ability to establish credibility, operate and influence at a senior level within M&G and Prudential.
• Energy and drive with a ‘can-do’ attitude.
• Good communication skills with the ability to make judgements and present recommendations.
• Strong presentation skills and gravitas are essential.
• Strong academics; a finance / business related degree would be beneficial but is not a pre-requisite
• Financial literacy and a broad understanding of finance and / or financial services is required. Knowledge of the asset management industry specifically would be an advantage but not a pre-requisite
M&G is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple – to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break, and we are willing to consider flexible working arrangements for all of our roles.