We are not your average financial services firm and our unique culture is just one aspect that makes us stand out from the crowd. We offer a supportive environment that encourages innovation and creativity whilst maintaining a healthy lifestyle balance. You will be joining one of Europe’s leading Investment Management firms where you can expect real responsibility and recognition from day one. We are large enough to offer a wide variety of career opportunities, whilst small enough to treat you as an individual and tailor training and development to your specific needs.
The Executive Business Analyst (EBA) is responsible for supporting the Executive Business Manager (EBM). Tasks consist of both routine and ad hoc activities in support of the M&G Chief Executive’s office as well as close interaction with the M&G Executive leadership team and Prudential Group Head Office (GHO). The successful candidate will be adept at managing multiple tasks, working to short deadlines and providing outputs of the highest standard. The EBA would be expected to be able to work independently on tasks taking ownership for discrete pieces of work.
The EBA will assist in supporting the production of the following:
- M&G CEO reporting to M&G and Prudential boards and committees covering business and financial performance and progress on strategic initiatives
- Other presentations and business and strategy updates across M&G, with Prudential GHO and for external parties
Support for key stakeholders
The EBA will assist the EBM with the production of presentations, briefing papers and other materials as required to support key stakeholders. The EBA will have primary responsibility for sourcing and controlling information within M&G, M&G Prudential, the Prudential Group and externally.
Key stakeholders include:
- M&G CEO: The EBA will prepare inputs directly used by the M&G Chief Executive during the course of day to day business operations
- Prudential GHO: The EBA will assist in the provision of timely and accurate information, analysis and support as requested by GHO and other Prudential businesses
- Communications: General support to the Communications Team, with particular responsibility for sourcing business data for both internal and external communications
- External stakeholders: The EBA will assist in gathering, collating and supplying business information to regulatory bodies, external advisors and industry bodies
The EBA will provide support for ad hoc projects and initiatives being managed by the EBM. These activities are typically sponsored by the M&G Chief Executive’s Office and span a number of business areas and may require information analysis of sensitive information.
The successful candidate will have post-university work experience and a keen interest to learn more about a business management function in financial services.
Essential skills and attributes:
- Self-starter, highly flexible and results focused – able to take initiative and respond rapidly and dynamically to urgent business priorities that arise on an ad hoc basis – delivering on time and according to brief
- Ability to interpret management information to produce analysis and present this in a clear and concise manner
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A close attention to detail
- Confidence and the ability to build and maintain successful relationships with many different stakeholders at all levels
- Excellent Microsoft PowerPoint and Word skills
- Strong academics; a business related degree would be beneficial but is not a pre-requisite
- Financial literacy and a broad understanding of finance and / or financial services would be beneficial. Knowledge of the asset management industry specifically would be an advantage but not a pre-requisite
M&G is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple – to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break, and we are willing to consider flexible working arrangements for all of our roles.