Equas is a management consultancy and B2B software provider. Using its ISO in a Box methodology, the company is the pre-eminent UK designer and implementer of management systems that comply with ISO standards. The company’s software product, Activ, is sold both to its consultancy customers and direct to other organisations. Sales from both divisions are growing rapidly and Equas is now looking for a high-calibre individual to play a key support role to the company’s Managing Director.
We are looking for an Executive Assistant to the Managing Director who will make an important contribution to the development of this fast-growing business. The essential qualities required are a high level of motivation, consistently professional conduct, excellent organisational and communication skills and exceptional attention to detail.
As the areas of responsibility and accountability are likely to change as the business develops, you will need to be flexible and adaptable. Initially, the role will cover two areas:
- Providing administration, organisation and communication support to the Managing Director; and
- With guidance from the Managing Director and others, developing systems and processes that will underpin the development of a back-office support team for the front-line Equas consultants.
You will ideally have prior experience of being a personal assistant to a business executive, or roles that require extensive amounts of scheduling and organisation of individuals. Experience of working with ISO certified management systems would also be a bonus.
Joining a small, committed and friendly team, you will be keen to support your colleagues and make a positive and considered contribution to improving the quality and delivery of our products and services.
You will have a strong desire to continually develop your knowledge of relevant subject matters and to be a pro-active, reliable and trusted support to the Managing Director. Where required, we will provide training to ensure you have all the required professional qualifications and personal skills to support this.
- Act as the gatekeeper to the Managing Director’s diary, dealing with diary management and planning schedules to optimise the working day of the Managing Director.
- Screen incoming mail, telephone calls, e-mails and messages and manage responses directly on behalf of the Managing Director, as necessary.
- Arrange and attend internal and customer-facing meetings as required, to take minutes and ensure appropriate facilities are organised.
- Book UK and overseas travel and accommodation.
- Prepare and track personal expenses and other ancillary expenditure.
- Plan and execute follow-up communications on behalf of the MD.
- Undertake support work for clients managed by the Managing Director including document updates and remote desktop audits.
- Collate data and generate performance reports.
- Proof-read documents prepared by the Managing Director and support the creation and maintenance of Equas’ consultancy materials.
- Maintain accurate and secure paper-based/electronic filing systems, including archiving.
- Maintain full confidentiality of sensitive and confidential business issues.
- Perform ad hoc confidential project work as required.
- With guidance from the Managing Director, develop support routines and processes for Equas consultants so that they can be executed by a new team of operational support assistants.
- Prepare procedures, process descriptions, automated task routines and training materials to support the adoption of the support routines by apprentice operational support assistants.
- Support the recruitment of new apprentice operational support assistants.
- Provide training and mentoring support to new apprentice operational support assistants.
The role will be full-time based at the company’s head office in Chepstow, South Wales. There may be occasions where you will be required to travel with the Managing Director for client-facing or internal meetings.
- Accurate writing and recording skills with a close attention to detail and ability to produce high quality documents.
- Fast typing skills and advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office software tools.
- Highly organised and able to work on own initiative.
- Good communicator who can explain concepts clearly and concisely.
- Assertive and consistently professional conduct.
- Ability to interact confidently with high profile projects in large organisations with multiple stakeholders.
- Personable with an aptitude for engaging with people and inspiring their confidence.
- Dedicated to providing helpful, caring and responsive customer service.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to tight timescales.
- Discreet and able to handle issues with confidentiality and sensitivity.
- Creative problem solver, able to work independently with limited direction.
- Thrives on being a key member of a small but ambitious and fast-growing business.
Any of the following are desirable prior experience
- Working for a senior executive at board level.
- Office manager for a professional services provider.
- Administration of an ISO certified management system.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job