We are responsible for operating, maintaining and improving England's motorways and major A roads. Consider that a third of all traffic, two thirds of heavy goods vehicles, and 98% of UK businesses rely on them, and you can see why our roads, and what we do, matters so much.
It's an exciting time to begin a career with Highways England as we invest £11 billion in our motorways and A Roads boosting capacity, tackling congestion and improving safety which why we're so grateful to our c 4,500 employees around the country. When you work with us, you're helping to connect communities, sustain business and support the economy. And with responsibility for major projects, working here is also a great move for your career.
To provide support to an Executive Director; acting as a focal point of contact; competing high level of administration, reviewing high level of paperwork, paperwork management and organisation, booking meetings, travel and hotels; processing expenses and carrying out other administrative tasks; to support the delivery of business objectives. This role will require very high level administration.
Day to Day:
- Act as first point of contact for the Executive Director and manage their electronic communications, mail and incoming calls; prioritising and distributing these, drafting responses where appropriate and ensuring that appropriate, timely, follow up action is taken.
- Build strong working relationships with colleagues across Highways England and externally, to develop cooperation and contribute to the continuous improvement of services.
- Deliver packages of work on behalf of the Executive Director, preparing correspondence, presentations, documents and data analyses from draft through to final distribution, to contribute to Directorate performance and to support management decision making.
- Arrange meetings for which the Executive Director has responsibility, ensuring that consideration is given to the most effective and efficient use of time and cost.
- Attend meetings and produce accurate records as required; maintain and update action log for all meetings attended by the Director.
- Proven experience in a personal secretary role
- Proven experience of dealing with senior level personnel - both internal and external,
- Proven experience of working in a complex and fast paced environment
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills in dealing with all levels of management and different cultures, develops relationships within the organisation and learns the formal and informal organisation structure to assist in goal achievement
Please see role profile
You're also encouraged to include a covering note explaining how you're a great match for us: so please tell us how your skills, experience and qualifications meet both the role, and Highways England, requirements.
We're expecting this role to be popular, so we may need to close the advert early if response is strong so to avoid disappointment, please apply as soon as possible.
Help keep England moving. We look forward to hearing from you.