Our client is a wholly owned subsidiary of a College. Their purpose is education – “to develop and inspire people to be the best they can” to benefit themselves, the organisations that they serve as well as society as a whole. All their profits are covenanted for investment in undergraduate and graduate education and student support.
In the Executive Assistant role you will provide day-to-day support for the CEO within the administration team, ensuring an effective and appropriate office presence is maintained.
You will be responsible for developing strong relationships and ongoing communication with key individuals across a diverse range of stakeholders acting with the highest level of professionalism and diplomacy.
Also actively engaging with their clients and team members with a “can-do” attitude to achieve desired outcomes.
- to manage the CEO’s inboxes, supporting with administration and correspondence, including drafting articulate and accurate email responses as required and archiving and filing correspondence;
- to be the main point of contact for and represent the CEO’s office dealing with internal, external and international communications with diplomacy and integrity;
- to clearly present the CEO’s ideas, following discussion, in correspondence, published materials, written papers and presentations;
- to prepare and distribute materials for meetings including agendas and associated papers/minutes for meetings, internal and external. Capable of taking minutes when required and following up on actions;
- to support the CEO in her strategic role developing business opportunities, to include research, liaison and planning as required while maintaining confidentiality and discretion;
- to take responsibility to manage small projects, on behalf of the CEO, as they arise and work with other members of the team;
- to liaise with key stakeholder communities particularly the Board and Education Standards Committee, Churchill College Fellowship, the James MacGregor Burns Academy of Leadership alumni and the International Leadership Association;
- to maintain the CEO’s IT systems to allow for data to be quickly and easily accessible digitally and physically;
- to manage and maintain the CEO’s diary appointments, arranging meetings, telephone calls and working with the CEO to plan ahead.
- to manage and coordinate all travel arrangements and associated expenses, as required;
- to support the administration team and Senior Management Team, notwithstanding colleagues’ annual leave, to ensure appropriate telephone cover is maintained and that delegated tasks are carried out in a timely manner;
- to ensure that you abide by all of the policies and procedures in relation to their environmental policy, details and objectives of which are included in the staff handbook;
- you will be an experienced Personal/Executive Assistant or a Graduate with the gravitas and ability to embrace the challenge.
Full Time (37.5 hours) – predominantly Monday-Friday between the hours of 08.00-18.00, with occasional evening and weekend work as required.
The ideal candidate for the Executive Assistant role will portray the following skills and attributes:
- supporting the CEO, the successful candidate will be an enthusiastic, motivated and confident team player with excellent planning and organisation skills;
- will flourish in a people-driven and forward-thinking organisation;
- has the ability to prioritise and organise multiple tasks with efficiency and accuracy;
- is an articulate communicator with a strong command of written English;
- is willing to take initiative, be challenged and take part in a two-way dialogue to achieve excellent results;
- enjoys the use of technology to maximise efficiency and productivity and has sound experience with Microsoft Office Suite;
- can effectively manage inboxes, diaries, and projects;
- has the confidence to liaise with senior stakeholders including in the preparation of Board papers and minutes.
If you feel you are suitable for the Executive Assistant role, please apply now!
Executive Assistant, Operations Administrator, PA, Office Assistant
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job