We have an exciting opportunity for an Executive Assistant to join the team based at our Chichester Campus working 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year. You will receive a competitive salary of £20,671 - £22,591 per annum.
Chichester College is the largest provider of further education in West Sussex. In 2014 the college was judged as Outstanding by Ofsted in all four areas, Outcomes for Learners, Teaching, Learning & Assessment, Leadership and Management and Overall Effectiveness. 8 out of 9 curriculum areas inspected were judged to be outstanding. We are a key provider of education and employment to those in our local communities and make a critical contribution to local economic development. We were established in Chichester in 1964 and also have a 570 acre land-based provision on our Brinsbury campus near Pulborough. We employ over 1,250 full and part-time staff.
As our Executive Assistant you will act as PA to the Group Managing Director (Commercial) and assist the Clerk to the Governing Body by carrying out administrative tasks as detailed in the Job Description and Person Specification.
Key Responsibilities as our Executive Assistant:
- Provide a full range of secretarial and administrative services to the Group Managing Director (Commercial) and Clerk to the Governing Body
- Provide executive services in drafting meeting papers, agendas and taking meeting notes
- Assist the Group Managing Director (Commercial) with administration related to diary and email/inbox management
- Assist the Group Managing Director (Commercial) with travel arrangements, including overseas travel
- Arrange and support team meetings and ensure cross team communications
- Process and administer letters and invitations for various events and meetings
- Support the Group Managing Director (Commercial) to manage the Group’s stakeholder engagement and communications
- Support the Clerk to the Governing Body to distribute the agenda and supporting papers for Corporation and Committee meetings and other Group/College meetings
- Maintain and develop the records relating to the Corporation and Governors
- Ensure information published on Group and College websites is updated regularly
Skills & Experience required of our Executive Assistant:
- Proven organisational skills and the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse range of people
- Educated to GCSE level (or equivalent) and hold a minimum of 5 grade C’s or above, including literacy and numeracy.
- Experience of providing personal assistant and administrative support to senior management in a customer service environment.
This role will require you to communicate with a wide range of stakeholders and provide executive support including diary management, preparing meeting papers and secretarial support.
Benefits of working with Chichester College:
- Competitive salary and holiday benefits.
- All staff are eligible to join the Local Government or Teachers’ final salary pension schemes.
- Opportunities for career and professional development.
- Recognition schemes including Star Team and Chairman’s Award.
- Occupational maternity, paternity, shared parental and adoption benefits.
- Through Sodexho, the College has a Childcare Voucher Scheme.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Gym membership is available at a discounted price for staff.~
- Discounted rates for the College’s Hair and Beauty salon and access to the training restaurant for lunches and dinners with exciting menus.
Closing date: 1 February 2018
Interview date: 14 February 2018
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Executive Assistant then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
All posts are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, which may include a check of the barred lists and any relevant overseas checks.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job