Executive Assistant to Director of Cluster and Campus Business Development
About The Role
We are now looking for an Executive Assistant to assist the Director of Clusters and Campus Development with carrying out their role. Within this position, you will be professionally and knowledgeably representing the Director with all aspects of their role and dealing with high-level external interfaces.
You will be responsible for managing the Director’s diary and email correspondence to ensure that appropriate actions are dealt with in a timely manner and ensuring confidentiality at all times. You will be required to ensure that the Director is briefed and prepared for their meetings and be comfortable in assisting in the production of presentations when required. We are looking for someone with excellent organisation skills who will be comfortable in organising events and meetings for the Director and where necessary attending internal and external meetings to take notes/minutes and track actions.
Further responsibilities will include:
- Support successful delivery of high profile events and VIP visits on campus and related events by developing and organising programmes.
- Organising travel on behalf of the Director, providing clear and concise itineraries for complex travel through multiple time zones and managing changes and difficulties as they arise
- Assisting with the Director’s workload ensuring that targets and deadlines are met and where possible taking forward actions/projects on her behalf
- Maintaining awareness of issues and priorities and strengthen external relationships at all levels in order to professionally and knowledgeably represent the Director and support campus development.
- Overseeing finances of Campus Development group as well as drafting and preparing papers, presentations and other high-level documents.
We are looking for someone with previous experience of similar role of supporting a senior manager with excellent interpersonal, diplomatic, oral communication and presentation skills. You will have good influencing skills and problem solving skills with a willingness to come up with innovative methods of working. You will need a good knowledge of Microsoft Office products, particularly Word, Excel and Outlook and an interest and ability to learn and use other IT systems. We are looking for someone with experience of minute or note-taking during interviews and with excellent organisation skills. This role involves communication with multiple stakeholders, as well as the Director, so we are looking for someone who is a strong team player.
STFC is one of Europe’s largest science research organisations. We are trusted to support, enable and undertake pioneering projects in an amazing diversity of fields. Through our world-class facilities and people, we’re driving ground-breaking advances in science and technology. STFC’s Business and Innovation Directorate (BID) apply knowledge from STFC’s facilities, research and technology programmes to the wider economy, delivering UK economic growth through spin-out companies, inward investment and collaborative industrial R&D
As part of UK Research and Innovation, STFC offers a benefits package designed to provide an excellent work/life balance. This includes 30 days’ annual leave, 10.5 public and privilege days, Christmas shut down, flexible working hours and an exceptional defined benefit pension scheme.
How to Apply
Applicants are required to upload a CV and a cover letter outlining their suitability for this role.
Applications are received by UK SBS; please note, when you click apply you will be directed through to our TopCareer.jobs website where you will be asked to complete the application process.
Early applications are encouraged as candidates may be invited to interview ahead of the closing date.
- Communication Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Microsoft Office
- Secretarial Support
- Influence Others
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'