Executive Assistant to Director and Divisional Manager - £18.20ph plus Hol Pay - Central London
Start ASAP for two months initially
Fantastic opportunity for an experienced Executive Assistant to join a very busy, yet friendly department within a leading University in Central London.
The role of Executive Assistant to the Director is a pivotal role to the smooth running of the Division. The post-holder will provide high level PA and administrative support to both the Director and Divisional Manager undertaking a wide range of administrative, planning and organisational responsibilities.
Office management and organisational support
- Acting as a first point of contact for the Director, taking the initiative in either responding directly, or preparing draft responses to written and verbal communications.
- Liaising with national and international collaborators and institutions, greeting visitors, providing information and responding to queries.
- Working closely with the Divisional Manager, Team Managers and Director’s Lab Manager to provide wide-ranging administrative and operational support across the breadth of the Division’s activities.
- Providing full administrative support including diary management, ensuring appropriate prioritisation of urgent matters, organising and preparation for meetings, and arranging travel for the Director and Divisional Manager.
- Co-ordinating all arrangements concerning the Director’s attendance at outside meetings and conferences world-wide.
- Planning, coordination and full organisation of all internal and external meetings, visits and events requested by the Director and Divisional Manager. This includes responsibility for the Divisional events budget.
- Servicing committees and working groups: organising and minuting meetings, following up on action points and preparing committee papers and agendas.
- Establishing and maintaining robust systems for accurately recording and retrieving information for the Divisional Office.
- Developing and maintaining a handbook of standard operating procedures for own role, to be used by others during the post-holder’s absence.
- Participating in team meetings, relevant working groups and committees and deputising for the Divisional Manager at appropriate meetings. Representing the Executive Officers team at Divisional Management meetings and disseminating relevant information between those groups.
- Undertaking one-off tasks and project work and preparing reports and analysing data of a complex nature.
- Recording and coordinating the senior promotions cycle, junior promotions and annual pay review, in liaison with the Staffing Team Manager and Executive Officers.
- Managing and helping to develop communications plans for the Division, including overseeing the Divisional newsletter, dissemination of information and liaising with the Faculty Office regarding news and communications.
- Reviewing content and updating the Divisional website using a content management system.
- Assisting with the production of strategic plans and other Divisional documentation liaising with other Support Units and suppliers to coordinate design and layout and submission.
Skills and/or Abilities
- Excellent IT skills (including email, spreadsheets, word processing, presentations and the internet)
- Excellent written communication skills, with the ability to draft clear and intelligent minutes plus other copy for a range of purposes, write letters and news articles
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to work without direct supervision, prioritise and meet deadlines and manage a busy and varied workload
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with a wide range people.
- Proactive approach with the ability to manage tasks independently and make decisions, knowing when to refer to others
- Ability to be discrete and maintain tact, diplomacy and sensitivity and maintain confidentiality
- Strong analytical and organisational skills with solution-led approach
- Working in a senior administrative position, incorporating a PA role, for a large or complex division/ organisation, ideally in a university setting
- Working unsupervised and taking responsibility for meeting targets
- Handling confidential information and communications in a sensitive and effective manner
- Servicing high-level committees and minute taking
- Drafting emails, letters, papers and reports
- Using web content management system
- Producing newsletters or other communication materials and use of social media
- Demonstrable experience of designing, implementing and maintaining efficient office systems and procedures
- Experience of successfully planning a range of events
- Experience of successfully monitoring financial accounts
- Willingness and ability to work collaboratively within and across teams
- A disciplined but flexible approach to work, whilst adhering to deadlines and maintaining a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to exercise tact and discretion and demonstrate a professional attitude towards colleagues, students and others
- Proactive and have initiative with the ability to judge when to use it
- Active commitment to personal development in a work context and willingness to undertake training relevant to the role
Due to time constraints and the number of applications we will only be able to respond personally to successful candidates. Hopefully you will be one of those. If not, please do feel free to send your CV again for any other positions that are of interest.
Gray & Associates is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
- Diary Management
- Travel Arrangements
- Project Support
- Executive Support
- Committee Support
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job