Executive Assistant to CEO
Permanent, full time position, working hours of Monday to Friday 8:30am - 5:30pm, however with the level of the role some flexibility would be required.
The Chief Executive Office's role is to develop and ensure the implementation of their five year strategy, and is also currently one of the main writers and developers for their distance learning materials.
The Role of the executive Assistant is to help achieve an appropriate balance between these two main areas, by ensuring that the day-to-day support systems for the CEO are in place, alongside ensuring their time is freed and there is ready access to relevant, well-organised materials.
To be successful you will need to be confident and able in assimilating ideas and large quantities of information across areas that may be initially unfamiliar. There will be opportunities to manage specific projects too.
You must be able to communicate effectively both internally with permanent and freelance staff, and externally across a wide range of institutions and agencies,
This post will be based in Norwich, although there will be a weekly half day visit to the CEO's office who works from home (30 minutes away)
The work is challenging and rewarding and requires an enthusiastic, resilient, highly experienced individual with a high level of drive and first-rate organisational and communication skills.
- Manage specific projects so that the business plan targets can be achieved
- Organised all data and materials so there is efficient and effective data storage and retrieval
- Provide comprehensive logistical support to ensure effective leadership of the organisation
- Research ,secure and collate relevant materials, including report writing so that there are timely and high-quality written materials produced
- Coordinate minute meetings to allow effective decision making
- Provide administrative support including diary management, inbox management and other ad-hoc tasks
- 5+ years as an EA/PA or Business Management/Operational Support or high-level administrative role
- Extensive experience of managing a variable and unpredictable workload
- Providing customer care.
- Proficient use of all Microsoft office suite
- Impeccable communication and organisation skills
- Sound decision making and problem solving ability
- Confident when taking responsibility
- Committed and hardworking nature
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Quick learner and able to adapt to change
- A Desire to make a difference to the lives of others in challenging circumstances
Desirable - additional background in education, training, marketing, sales or publishing, ideally within a small organisation
What's in it for me?
- Salary of £28,000 - £32,000
- 9% employers contribution Pension
- Annual leave
- Free Parking
- Opportunity to work with a company supporting good causes
If you are interested in this fantastic opportunity, please ensure that your CV is up-to-date and apply online.
*Please note, you will be contacted by Reed if suitable for the position for shortlisting.
Opportunity managed by Nikki Cranmer, Senior Permanents Consultant, Reed Specialist Recruitment - firstname.lastname@example.org
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'