Executive Assistant (PA) - 6 month FTC
Berners St, London
£35k - £40k depending on experience + benefits
Becoming an Executive Assistant with Capita Group Secretariat:
We have an exciting new 6 month FTC role for an Executive Assistant within Capita Group Secretariat. The team is based in Berners Street, central London and provide the Capita Group of companies with in-house expertise. These 3 busy professionals form part of the head office function within Capita working closely with other head office functions including Group Finance Team, Group Tax and Mergers and Acquisitions team, along with regular interaction with the Board of Directors. The back office part of the team are based in Poland and the Dukes Place office in the City. The team also works closely with the share plans team based in the Registrars business in Beckenham.
Reporting to the Group Company Secretary, the successful candidate will provide PA and administrative support for the Company Secretarial team.
What you will do:
- Working closely with the Manager, CEO's office, to ensure that Board and Committee meetings are scheduled, diarised, room bookings and lunches and any other work that requires assistance from this office
- Diary management for the Company Secretary and the Assistant Company Secretary
- Printing legal documentation for signing, flagging and logging and sending to correct location in accordance with the requirements
- Working with the Assistant Company Secretary to diarise and arrange rooms for sub committees
- Printing and preparation of Board and Committee packs
- Filing and scanning of confidential information
- Typing, scanning, filing and archiving, dealing with post
- Arrange meetings and travel (Company Secretarial frequently fly to Poland to visit our service centre based there)
- Checking and logging of invoices using SAP (training given)
- Following up meeting actions /circulation of monthly checklists for follow up by team
- Firs review of Settlement agreements and circulation as appropriate (training given)
- Updating team documents (using Excel, Word and databases such as Swordfish)
- Liaison with other teams within Capita to share relevant information
- Delivering documentation to other offices and Companies House
- Raising and dealing with IT issues
- Data keeping including logging Trademark invoices, Bribery Act compliance, Insiders list administration, non-audit fees etc
- Preparation of Board packs and loading onto On-board
- Managing the "bring forward" folder
- Updating Capita Connections with information that Company Secretarial are responsible for
- Downloading information from Companies House for acquisitions
- Covering for the PA to the Group Financial Controller
Your experience will include:
- Previous PA or Executive Assistant experience supporting at Board level
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Strong communication skills
- Willingness to learn
- Common sense
- Team player
- Self-motivated /proactive
- Friendly disposition
- Ability to prioritise
- Communication, flexibility and the ability to prioritise will be key in supporting the team given the locations its covers
- It will be imperative that the individual is a team player and willing to get stuck into the busy environment. Much of the work is highly sensitive and fast pace.
- We anticipate that the successful candidate may not have worked within a Company Secretarial team before and we will therefore provide full training.
- The successful candidate should, however, have good experience in providing PA and administrative support to a team of individuals.
Capita plc is the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions. The company has more than 75,000 employees based in the UK, Europe, South Africa and India.
Capita supports companies across all sectors on transforming business to enable them to operate more efficiently, reduce costs and adapt to market changes.
What's in it for you?
At Capita, we believe an open, transparent working environment that encourages ingenuity and collaboration - with colleagues, customers and clients - is what makes us so effective at what we do.
As well as a generous basic salary, we also give you 23 day's holiday, company matched pension scheme and access to a variety of voluntary benefit options. These include a share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle, such as retail, health & wellbeing and leisure discounts.
What we hope you will do next:
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
| Become a Change Maker |
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job